Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

WTB: Used 6.2 Crew Cab exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts
Default WTB: Used 6.2 Crew Cab exhaust

Looking for a used 6.2 cat back from a crew cab. Prefer close to Dallas if possible. If not shipping may be an option.

Anyone got one they're looking to get rid of?
Old 12-28-2018, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw this on another forum. It's in FL and might be sold though.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...ust-with-tips/
Old 12-30-2018, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mileguru
Saw this on another forum. It's in FL and might be sold though.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...ust-with-tips/

Thank you for the lead but holy ******* ****, 1k dollars for a used cat back? That dude is smoking the good ****.

I'm looking for a used stock system because I saw one the other day for $50 but missed it by 10 minutes the guy said, and the stock 6.2 exhaust is 3.5" and mandrel bent all the way. I can have a straight through magnaflow installed for $200 and have a really good flowing and sounding setup for $250 or so total. Plus I just don't like dual exhausts on trucks, reminds me too much of the dual exhaust craze on trucks with the giant exhaust tips in the 90's
Old 12-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Thank you for the lead but holy ******* ****, 1k dollars for a used cat back? That dude is smoking the good ****.

I'm looking for a used stock system because I saw one the other day for $50 but missed it by 10 minutes the guy said, and the stock 6.2 exhaust is 3.5" and mandrel bent all the way. I can have a straight through magnaflow installed for $200 and have a really good flowing and sounding setup for $250 or so total. Plus I just don't like dual exhausts on trucks, reminds me too much of the dual exhaust craze on trucks with the giant exhaust tips in the 90's
You're exactly right, just add a straight through muffler and you're good to go on these 6.2 exhausts. Too bad you missed that one deal.
Post a wanted add on GM-trucks.com. Lots of people there do the expensive Borla system and might have the stock system to sell.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

You're exactly right, just add a straight through muffler and you're good to go on these 6.2 exhausts. Too bad you missed that one deal.
Post a wanted add on GM-trucks.com. Lots of people there do the expensive Borla system and might have the stock system to sell.

Yeah I was super bummed. And I bet people throw them away like crazy. I just need to go to all the muffler shops around and tell them the next time they take one off to let me know. Because I'm sure shipping is sky high, if somehow it isn't, I'd be cool with paying it but I just can't see it.

Thanks for the tip about GM-trucks. I'll probably venture of there in a day or two.

I found a guy that runs a page on facebook that's local to me here in Dallas and it's a GM truck page so he's asking around for me, I'd do it but I got off facebook about 2 years ago. So hopefully that turns up something
Old 01-06-2019, 02:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Bought one today off GM-trucks

Thanks again for the idea
Old 01-06-2019, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

I got mine off Craigslist for $45. Lol

Handed the kid $60 and told him to keep it.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Glad it worked out for you! Hope it was a good deal.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by madmann26

I got mine off Craigslist for $45. Lol

Handed the kid $60 and told him to keep it.

Yeah it sucks man I've looked for months and only came across ONE for sale, it was $50 and I missed it by a few minutes. $60 is a steal. Junk yards want like $300 f'ing dollars for it too.

Glad it worked out for you! Hope it was a good deal.
It was not a great deal at all honestly, but I can easily live with it. The dude wanted $250 for some reason and I told him they go for around 50 he said $140 and he brought it 50 miles my way to meet up so all in all not horrible. Considering a 3.5" aftermarket system is MINIMUM $400 with a small muffler that will be screaming loud, I can live with the $140. These days I have very little time and need to get this ball rolling so I paid the $140. Plus I got some welding done for free on saturday that I figured would cost me at least $50 bucks so I convinced myself I paid closer to $100 lol.

In the end I got a 3.5" mandrel bent exhaust with a resonator already in it that I would want anyway for 1/3rd of aftermarket exhaust pricing. And I didn't have to pay for shipping or deal with it showing up on my porch, so I'm happy.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Wish i wouldve seen this, i wouldve sold you mine.

Quick Reply: WTB: Used 6.2 Crew Cab exhaust