PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/)
-   -   Opinions on this lowering kit (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/opinions-lowering-kit-520688/)

Frodo T. Baggins 08-05-2013 12:32 PM

Opinions on this lowering kit

UPDATE: pics on post#10 (8-25-13)

Hi, first post here. New to the the truck scene so please excuse if I don't get what you're saying at first lol. Well got my 2014 Sierra back in June and haven't done much to it besides tint and HIDs. One thing I can't stand is the awful "raked" look. I started looking for leveling kits but instead came across this lowering kit which I like cause I don't want to drop it too much. What do you guys think?

Chevy/GMC Lowering Kit

AUTOT3K 08-05-2013 05:54 PM

well if you wouldnt mind, could you post up some fender height measurements on the new 14?
the nnbs extended cab had a 1" rake so if you post from ground to fender height thatll help us tell you what to use to drop the rear for a level look!
PLUUUUUUUS since your one of the few to own one, the stats would help others!

Blackpanther99 08-05-2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Frodo T. Baggins (Post 5132532)
Hi, first post here. New to the the truck scene so please excuse if I don't get what you're saying at first lol. Well got my 2014 Sierra back in June and haven't done much to it besides tint and HIDs. One thing I can't stand is the awful "raked" look. I started looking for leveling kits but instead came across this lowering kit which I like cause I don't want to drop it too much. What do you guys think?

Chevy/GMC Lowering Kit

Sorry for the off topic question but are you from the Houston/baytown area?? I seen a 2014 with HIDS off of Hwy 146 weeks back.

Frodo T. Baggins 08-05-2013 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K (Post 5132619)
well if you wouldnt mind, could you post up some fender height measurements on the new 14?
the nnbs extended cab had a 1" rake so if you post from ground to fender height thatll help us tell you what to use to drop the rear for a level look!
PLUUUUUUUS since your one of the few to own one, the stats would help others!

thx for the reply. I'll check and post pics tomorrow of the fender height front and back.

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99 (Post 5132683)
Sorry for the off topic question but are you from the Houston/baytown area?? I seen a 2014 with HIDS off of Hwy 146 weeks back.

Nope, I'm from the RGV. Edinburg to be exact.

silver-mod-o 08-06-2013 07:44 AM

I'd to for it. Rough country makes some nice stuff. That kit looks super easy to install as well. I'd give it a shot.

Also, Belltech already has suspension out for these trucks. I'd look them up too, they've come a long way in recent years. I'm running their adjustable struts on my 07 and they're great!

Frodo T. Baggins 08-06-2013 07:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o (Post 5132849)
I'd to for it. Rough country makes some nice stuff. That kit looks super easy to install as well. I'd give it a shot.

Also, Belltech already has suspension out for these trucks. I'd look them up too, they've come a long way in recent years. I'm running their adjustable struts on my 07 and they're great!

Yea looks like I'll be getting that one and hope I like the drop...and I actually did try Belltech since I saw the other thread about the 4/6 drop on the red Silverado but to my surprise, they told me they don't have a complete kit yet. This is what they told me,

"Thank you for contacting Belltech Sport Trucks, at this time we do not offer a complete kit, however we do have parts separate that will work. Unfortunately with what we offer at this time you'd only be able to achieve a 2/3. The fronts a 2" drop will be our drop spindles, part number 2509. For the rear you can use part 6401 which is a 2-3" shackle. We also have shocks available if you're interested in replacing your shocks also.

Spindle 2509 - $348.13 MSRP
Shackle 6401 - $83.63 MSRP "

BTW, here are two pics I just took. Hope they help someone.

FRONT:
Attachment 112056

BACK:
Attachment 112057

AUTOT3K 08-06-2013 11:28 PM

oh wow thats a big rake on the 2014's!
you'd need a 3" rear drop to level it out and it'd still be a 1/2" high, however once you do some driving it'll probly settle a bit

Slowest_1500 08-08-2013 01:07 PM

Belltech has a 4/6 kit for the 2014 now, saw it on instagram not too long ago, looking sweet!

GXPJAY 08-08-2013 01:24 PM

I used Belltech stuff on mine and it was great, what I would suggest in case you haven't done a flip kit before is to read the directions since there's some cutting out of stock pieces involved and even on my 2007 I felt bad doing it, lol I know if I had a 2014 maybe I wouldn't want to do that just yet but that's me.

The look of the 4/6 is awesome on those trucks.

Frodo T. Baggins 08-25-2013 11:25 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, thank you all for your opinions. Ended up going with McGaughys 34170 kit. Went with a 3/5 drop afterall and absolutely love it! Installer ran into a minor hiccup but everything worked out fine after tinkering with it. Not sure exactly what it was since I didn't understand all the technical jargon he gave me. Here's some pics for now including some before and oh, one of my other toy. Thanks for watching.

Attachment 111297

Attachment 111298

Attachment 111299

Attachment 111300

Attachment 111301

Attachment 111302