Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

2015 2500Hd headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 2500Hd headlight issues

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6. I am having issues keeping led and hid lights in this thing. I have installed

Putco Led H11 6000k with braided straps $129 Amazon
Amazing fit Super bright matched the other led lights perfect.
Lasted about 7 months tested lights with power probe and they powered up but took the truck to Classic Chevy to see if the truck had issues. They put Halogens back in it and said it was the LED lights not working but truck was fine. Cost $170 for diagnostics and halogen light install. (tried getting them warrantied but I bought them on amazon from a 3rd party who decided not to help and amazon couldn't do anything for me, and when I called putco they said they could warranty them but it would need to be handled with the vendor I bought them from) Never got resolved moved on....

Cree H11 6000k LED with fans $85 EBay
Bulb was to long and didn't fit in the projector housing

Cree H11 6000K LED W/o Fans $65 EBay
Fit perfect, not real bright but light output color matched other lighting.
Super dim almost less light than OE halogen lights.
Lasted about 2 weeks before starting to have flicker issues.
Bought a flicker harness for can bus $25 for a pair
lasted about 3 months before they started not coming on together at periods of time. Got frustrated with led lighting on this truck and went back to old school hid lighting.

Opt 7 HID H11 6000K can bus harness equipped $79.99 EBay
Great fitment, Lighting almost matches Led lighting Awesome light output, Super bright.
Don't stay on when starting the truck. Bought another flicker harness hoping to fix it $19 for the pair.
Passenger side is now changing colors not a month into having them installed. I don't do a lot of night time driving maybe 3 times a week it is dark enough in the morning while going to work, but now one side or the other doesn't stay on.

What other types/brands or tips and tricks are you guys running with factory projectors? I don't want to keep buying lights every couple months. I understand they don't last forever but I run LED in my Tahoe and hid in my half ton Silverado for years before a ballast or bulb gives issues.