Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust.

hey guys quick question. so i want to get a borla touring cat back for my truck. just to give it a little bit of bark. i dont want to disable AFM when it drops down to V4. So GM offers the touring exhauat with the Flapper valve to eliminate the helicopter drone sound. Only problem is the dealers here in Ontario want almost 2K for the thing. and if you order it from borla or any other Vender the flapper valve is not included. anyways i noticed that the flapper valve is included in the Escalade ESV. my question is will the exhaust from a Caddy 6.2 ESV fit my Denali?
Old 08-27-2017, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Catback os a waste of money, as the pipe size is the same.

Just do a muffler swap.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

not really the answer i was looking for. plus im not gonna cut the stock exhaust.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KozzyJr
hey guys quick question. so i want to get a borla touring cat back for my truck. just to give it a little bit of bark. i dont want to disable AFM when it drops down to V4. So GM offers the touring exhauat with the Flapper valve to eliminate the helicopter drone sound. Only problem is the dealers here in Ontario want almost 2K for the thing. and if you order it from borla or any other Vender the flapper valve is not included. anyways i noticed that the flapper valve is included in the Escalade ESV. my question is will the exhaust from a Caddy 6.2 ESV fit my Denali?

i don't think so , you can put any aftermarket catback you like with v8 programmer to turn off v4 without tuning .
Old 08-28-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I know you don't want to cut up the stock exhaust but I know of a lot of guys who will replace the factory muffler with the aftermarket muffler they want and leave the factory flapper where it is. From what I've heard Corsa cat-backs have the least drone in V4 out of all the aftermarket cat-back systems.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

I was thinking about that this morning. Only problem is I have twin boys and have to keep the old lady happy. So the ease of doing a whole cat-back is much easier if it's too loud for the family.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure what your budget is but if you want to go with a cat-back I'd look into a Corsa Touring cat-back for your truck. Great sound, and very little drone.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree a muffler swap is the easiest. But you won't get much sound. I did a muffler swap and I still have my resonator. It sounds better but it's still almost stock sound
Old 08-28-2017, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want. Save your stock exhaust and have a new one built. And I'll send you a flapper valve I have
Old 08-28-2017, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

it looks like I may be going that route. I'll be calling a few places tomorrow for some quotes. It was so much easier when I was in my early 20s. Louder equalled Better lol