Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Click clack sounds from seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Click clack sounds from seat

Anyone else have click/clack type of sounds from the seat when you go over speed bumps or hit a section of street where you bounce up and down a little?

I cannot stand squeaks rattles etc and it's driving me nuts.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 763 Likes on 534 Posts

If I turn to hard I can feel the seat shift a touch. Makes a click sound.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed the same.. ended up being my seat belt peace hitting the plastic side panel.. sounded like the entire seat was loose at first.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bgbldodge
If I turn to hard I can feel the seat shift a touch. Makes a click sound.
Yeah mine also does that, but it does this click sound when my body goes up and down in the seat.

Originally Posted by hunterbohanan23
I noticed the same.. ended up being my seat belt peace hitting the plastic side panel.. sounded like the entire seat was loose at first.
My rear seat belts do that a lot when I have had people sit in the back and they don't put the belt back on the side of the seat.. if they just let it go it flattens on the seat and hits the plastic trim on the side. I've checked the front ones and they don't do it.

I can duplicate the sound by bouncing in the seat without the truck moving. It does it with the seatbelt on me or just hanging. It's something in the seat track but I can't duplicate it well enough with my head in the floor board to find out what it is.

This truck makes more noises than any vehicle i've ever had.. ughh
Old 04-10-2019, 05:57 PM
Launching!

honestly, I agree. but man I love it. last truck was my 06 rcsb. this is my first truck purchase. no issues so far even though i’ve had it a month next week.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm with ya, I absolutely love the way this truck looks inside and out, the features etc. Mine is full optioned so I have all the cool gadgets, but cheesus the facking noises..

I have a clunk sometimes when turning the wheel I can't find. I had a rattle sound that occured every time I turned the wheel or hit bumps and that was from the steering position sensor on the steering column down in your shin area, I fixed that already. I had an issue where the brake pedal squeaked every time you pressed it and I've fixed that. My rear seats make noise on the plastic trim and I still need to get after that. But the seat annoys me more than anything because it clacks with every bump I hit.

If I move the seat bottom all the way up or down it stops, the front part of the seat bottom, the part that tilts up and down up under your knees. So I know its something in the motor or track or mounts for that part of the seat but I haven't been able to find it. Someone will find it eventually I was hoping someone had already though.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 763 Likes on 534 Posts

Try GM trucks forum. This is right up their alley.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bgbldodge
Try GM trucks forum. This is right up their alley.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...vement-issues/
70 pages and over a 1000 replies...have fun! And this is just the sticky they created for it, there are still others.

My seat makes a slight shift and a noticeable pop when I'm on a windy road.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the lead.

There's 2 things consistent about GM-trucks... I suck at navigating the website and the posts are 50+ pages of people complaining or saying they got it fixed but little to no info or pictures on how it was fixed. I will keep digging in that thread and try to find answers. So far I'm 6 pages in reading every post and it's either "mine does it too/mine does something similar" or "I took it to the dealer and got it fixed and it's okay so far or it's right back to the same issue". Again with no information of what was done. Fack.

Sad thing is this is in my wheel house of what I do and I know I'm going to have to fix it on customer vehicles but I can't even fix my own damn truck lol
Old 07-12-2019, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same issue with my truck. Driver seat "clicks" when I go over minor bumps in the road. The clicks to me sound like two small plastic tabs clicking on each other. It drives me crazy. I got fed up with it one day and raised it up all the way then climbed in the back seat and started investigating. I couldn't find anything out of place so I just started prying with my hands and tugging on wires to move their positions slightly. After doing that the seat didn't click for almost a month then it started clicking again. I need to look at it again. If I can find what is clicking ill take some pictures and post them. Maybe the same parts are clicking on your seat.

Quick Reply: Click clack sounds from seat