Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Circle D or Yank?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuning for higher stalling converters is a product of a few factors. The stall speed increase decreases the load on the engine so you can bump ignition timing in the areas prior to vehicle movement but not prior to pressing the accelerator pedal. This will help with taking off from a stop, Then you need to look at TCC slip speed correction. If you go from a single disc clutch to a multiple disc clutch I would eliminate desired slip from the calibration. Then you need to test, typically increase TCC pressures to achieve the desired results. Up pressure as needed to insure you don’t eat the TCC up. The multi disc clutch set ups should be thought of as a on or off TCC, slipping these units is not good. Just my thoughts.
The following users liked this post:
Slapps74 (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Like the OP said I guess it’s for my tuner to figure out. Could be my issue though if they don’t get it right!

op so why did you go Multi disc? I “hear” single is good to about 650-700 RWHP and with the fuel limitations of our DI trucks that’s about where we can get with out a hell of a lot more $$.

I see your building a 6.2 and I get the hunt for power. Just curious though.

Thanks