Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100

Got my Circle D 278mm HP 3000-3200 stall put in my truck today. Had my tune adjusted for it and made some other changes. Launching in auto 4wd and leaving it in auto 4wd with Zak from Klug Performance in the truck we logged a 5.18 0 to 60 with a 1/4 tank of e85 and air temp of 32 degrees tonight. Last week with Zak in the truck an air temp of 28 degrees, same fuel amount, same launch prior to the stall truck did a 5.60 0 to 60. Right around a 4 tenth gain. Can't wait till spring to get some time slips with the new converter. Drives great under normal driving conditions and at highway speeds. Very happy with my choice.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Is there a hesitation at 4K? I also noticed you are in tow mode, why?
Old 02-14-2018, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Choda
Is there a hesitation at 4K? I also noticed you are in tow mode, why?
I only noticed it when I watched the video. Had my tuner check our logs from tonight and he saw a slight hesitation right there also. No change in timing, no throttle cut, no fuel cut. Thinking it might be traction control, or stabilitrac. The way my tune is setup in tow haul mode my shift points are set to 6100 rpm. When tow haul mode is off my track has the factory shift points. That way if someone else drives my truck it shifts out like it' stock lol.

Last edited by Gorske; 02-14-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you stalling it? Serious question. Circle Ds love flashing not stalling best 60fts will be done by flashing, stalling will make the converter not hot as hard.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend to avoid stalling and just flash a circle D for better 60fts as mentioned. We see better 60fts with our test cars and customer cars as well. Best converter for those trans for sure. Great choice sir.
The following users liked this post:
Gorske (02-17-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FrankensteinE.D.
I would recommend to avoid stalling and just flash a circle D for better 60fts as mentioned. We see better 60fts with our test cars and customer cars as well. Best converter for those trans for sure. Great choice sir.
Did not know that. I will flash it instead. Appreciate the heads up
Old 02-14-2018, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Bad *** man. It looked like something was holding back there like traction control even though I see you had it turned off. In my truck I've noticed there is still some level of restriction even with the traction control off, I turned mine off the other day and hammered it around a corner and it kicked out and the traction control engaged anyway, even though it was turned off. I wonder if your tuner can go in and turn it completely off.

I third the flash stall, in my bolt on SS I went from a 1.8x 60ft to a 1.6x flashing vs brake stall. I also saw a .5 reduction in et in the 1/8th just from the stall, wont be surprised if you see around the same, or more since you already logged around that amount and it had the hesitation.

I would hold it a little above idle, 1000-1200 ish then hammer it.

I'm also curious if you go out and flash it if it'll just blast past that hesitation thing it did, it may have been something due to the way it was brake stalled then spun and some sort of traction control kicking in.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 02-14-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Bad *** man. It looked like something was holding back there like traction control even though I see you had it turned off. In my truck I've noticed there is still some level of restriction even with the traction control off, I turned mine off the other day and hammered it around a corner and it kicked out and the traction control engaged anyway, even though it was turned off. I wonder if your tuner can go in and turn it completely off.

I third the flash stall, in my bolt on SS I went from a 1.8x 60ft to a 1.6x flashing vs brake stall. I also saw a .5 reduction in et in the 1/8th just from the stall, wont be surprised if you see around the same, or more since you already logged around that amount and it had the hesitation.

I would hold it a little above idle, 1000-1200 ish then hammer it.

I'm also curious if you go out and flash it if it'll just blast past that hesitation thing it did, it may have been something due to the way it was brake stalled then spun and some sort of traction control kicking in.
Just made a video flashing it. Still did the hesitation. Granted the video last night it was 28 degrees and this one it is 45 degrees out today. Left it in 4wd instead of auto 4wd to see if that would help as well. Still seems to run pretty strong to me.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that a good verter like yours would wake my truck up big time also, just a turd out the hole, had a 2011 6.2 with bolt on's at first, then put a 3600 yank in it and it was like night and day, picked up like three or four tenths in the eighth, can't wait to see what yours does!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

HP Tuners or EFI live can't disable traction control completely. It can limit spark reduction and throttle closing but will not disable TC or Stabilitrak. For the one guy if your didn't hold the button for 10+ seconds, then stabilitrak was still active and will cut power going around a corner to because the yaw sensors are still active and will think you are sliding thus engaging the ABS. Pulling the ABS fuse will disable both.

Without seeing a log file and the tune file to see how the airflow/torque model is it's hard to guess at the hesitation. Plausible that the torque model is off and once it reaches a certain point it smooths out or maybe it is the traction control kicking in. Doing a run with the ABS disabled but be a good test.

Quick Reply: Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100