GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.2
Gor:

Do you want to do headers anytime soon? To bad someone doesnt make a direct fit Y pipe to the OE manifolds 2 3/4 pipe.
Right now the next mod I am planing will probably be the Torqstorm supercharger kit this summer if I can get the extra cash saved up. Maybe after the supercharger and possibly a meth kit for the supercharger I will do headers. I had been back and forth about headers or the supercharger kit and decided to go with a supercharger. Plus the Torqstorm kit is priced pretty well.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorske
Right now the next mod I am planing will probably be the Torqstorm supercharger kit this summer if I can get the extra cash saved up. Maybe after the supercharger and possibly a meth kit for the supercharger I will do headers. I had been back and forth about headers or the supercharger kit and decided to go with a supercharger. Plus the Torqstorm kit is priced pretty well.
Personally I would do headers first or at least do headers with or right after the blower. You're gonna be pushing more air, headers will be more important than ever with the blower.

Plus, I wanna see header results with your current setup lol
Old 02-16-2018, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Personally I would do headers first or at least do headers with or right after the blower. You're gonna be pushing more air, headers will be more important than ever with the blower.

Plus, I wanna see header results with your current setup lol
I want boost!! I am sure headers will come next right after the supercharger. I am curious what my times will be with the stock manifolds and y-pipe vs headers having a supercharger.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

I want boost!! I am sure headers will come next right after the supercharger. I am curious what my times will be with the stock manifolds and y-pipe vs headers having a supercharger.
The boost bug bites hard. I've been there man.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I would do boost first lol. I realize headers can help a lot in high hp rides but hellcats, gt500's, ctsv's, zo6's and so on do just fine without them. Blow your ride G. You've got a good start already!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
I would do boost first lol. I realize headers can help a lot in high hp rides but hellcats, gt500's, ctsv's, zo6's and so on do just fine without them. Blow your ride G. You've got a good start already!
If all goes as planned I will get a trip to the track with the current mods to get times with the converter. Then mid April if the kit is available I will order it and get supercharged times by the end of April beginning of May.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
None of those cars listed come with truck manifolds and exhaust, they all come with manifolds/exhaust systems that flow much better and support the boost.

When running a power adder you add a lot of heat and need to get air in and out as quickly as possible. You're cramming way more in, it needs to be able to get out.

Besides that, one of the biggest power adders to a boosted car is free flowing exhaust.

I see this as hooking a leaf blower to a straw..
Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sooo fixed the hesitation tonight. Even though the PID was not showing the converter locking that is what was causing the hesitation. Really crap weather today for getting 0 to 60 times but hesitation is gone and with some testing tonight my 0 to 60 times I was 2 tenths quicker stalling my truck versus flashing it at the launch. I want to test that some more when we have better weather and also test it at the track.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
None of those cars listed come with truck manifolds and exhaust, they all come with manifolds/exhaust systems that flow much better and support the boost.

When running a power adder you add a lot of heat and need to get air in and out as quickly as possible. You're cramming way more in, it needs to be able to get out.

Besides that, one of the biggest power adders to a boosted car is free flowing exhaust.

I see this as hooking a leaf blower to a straw..
I agree with everything you said no argument here but I'm pretty sure my truck is already high 7's since Sam tuned it and I don't have headers. It is a pleasure to drive with no issues so not sure if I ever will or not. To go much further I would pretty much need fuel system and cam to really do it right and it's my daily work truck. I like it stealth.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Sooo fixed the hesitation tonight. Even though the PID was not showing the converter locking that is what was causing the hesitation. Really crap weather today for getting 0 to 60 times but hesitation is gone and with some testing tonight my 0 to 60 times I was 2 tenths quicker stalling my truck versus flashing it at the launch. I want to test that some more when we have better weather and also test it at the track.
Sweet!

Quick Reply: Circle D 3000-3200 stall 0-100