Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Boosted exhaust options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So for the guys saying they would've stayed stock are y'all saying long tubes and stock exhaust or no long tubes at all?
Old 01-12-2017, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Long tubes and stock exhaust in my opinion.

RT
Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by trxmxzx
a friend had wanted a bigger muffler but not loud as hell or completely messing his flow with a Maggie - so he went 02 Duramax stock muffler- with ORY - in my opinion it's not to loud driving

he uses his cutout if he is wanting to be really heard
^^^ This... We did this on my buddy's turbo truck and it sounded great! He thought it was being restrictive so one day he cut if off and put a strait pipe in place of the muffler. All it did was made it loud as F***, lol. Didn't help the power any.

I've got a dmax muffler I think I'm gonna put on my turbo truck and I've got one of those 3" boost actuated cutouts from ebay I'll just put pre-muffler and then route it around the muffler, back it the tail pipe so it's not dumping under the truck. They don't start to open till about 6 PSI so should work well and keep things quiet while reducing back pressure.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:04 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
^^^ This... We did this on my buddy's turbo truck and it sounded great! He thought it was being restrictive so one day he cut if off and put a strait pipe in place of the muffler. All it did was made it loud as F***, lol. Didn't help the power any.

I've got a dmax muffler I think I'm gonna put on my turbo truck and I've got one of those 3" boost actuated cutouts from ebay I'll just put pre-muffler and then route it around the muffler, back it the tail pipe so it's not dumping under the truck. They don't start to open till about 6 PSI so should work well and keep things quiet while reducing back pressure.
im currently thinking the same way he did- I have a hooker aerochamber dumped over axle. It sounds good but it's getting annoying on highway
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96

I like that idea,wished I thought of that,
might try the OE flapper
Old 01-19-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I run gutted cats, and corsa touring with a magnaflow resonator. Not to loud at all, stock ypipe makes the pulse sound slightly odd but working on that.

if i had my choice test pipes or intermediate pipes from manifolds with high flow cats, twin vibrant mufflers and twin long bottle resonators, 2.5 each dual all the way front to back and over rear axle, twin cutouts before cats.

That would be plenty of breathing room for 2300 maggie, currently only running 1900 (for sale btw)
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrx
I run gutted cats, and corsa touring with a magnaflow resonator. Not to loud at all, stock ypipe makes the pulse sound slightly odd but working on that.

if i had my choice test pipes or intermediate pipes from manifolds with high flow cats, twin vibrant mufflers and twin long bottle resonators, 2.5 each dual all the way front to back and over rear axle, twin cutouts before cats.

That would be plenty of breathing room for 2300 maggie, currently only running 1900 (for sale btw)
Are you running stock manifolds or shorty headers with stock y? I assume this is on a 14 up 5.3 truck?