Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

anyone find what's causing those trucks to vibrate ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has always had a vibration, shakes console/seats around 40ish and 70ish
Old 09-03-2016, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lafngas98Z
My truck is a 2015 rcsb 2wd, 6 speed auto/3.08 gear. I'm dealing with this as well. Dealer replaced a few tires, rotated, balanced blah blah blah. I bought new wheels tires, no change. It's a side to side vibe, the flipped down center console shakes like crazy. I'm thinking drive shaft? I just scored another axle To try after that I'm going to look into an after market drive shaft.
tell us what you find , i think i read in another forum rear end change rotor to rotor is fixing it plus there's another person who changed to a new driveshaft which fix the problem for him .

Originally Posted by 07Softail
Yes I have all angles in tight tolerance as far as drive line chassis settings. I am going to do the driveshaft, rotors, and axle shafts to nail it down. There is no reason for this BULLSHIT from a Big 3 Manufacturer!

RT
agree , i bought my truck cash which is mistake but if i fix this vibration all is good ,
did you try leaf spring clamp ? a lot of people say it fix clunk and vibrate it's cheap next to what you plan to do .

Originally Posted by wuznme
Mine was fine until I flipped the rear, been through 2 different kits, same ****.

Prior to flip had done the following with NO vibrations.

2in Drop Shackle - then
Removed block - then
Remove OL spring - then

decided wanted more of drop = flip kit.

None of the above caused any vibrations, installed DJM flip. Removed the DJM flip, installed the BellTech flip. Still have vibes in rear.

Both of these company suck as far as support goes with their response to issues with the products.

Going to return the BellTech flip too and just go back to the shackle with the block removed.
did you align pinion angle within spec ? it's odd if it vibrate with flip kit , there's nothing holding me back from lowering it except vibration .

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Depending on what they tell me about my no start issue I may have time to have mine looked at. Sure would be nice to get it nailed down. Its not the end of the world if not, but damn.
if your dealer is great they will try to help if not don't bother with them ( it operates within normal range )
Old 09-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I adjusted the DJM Kit 8-ways to Sunday, had multiple issues with the DJM flip kit, 3 times called to ask questions, we never heard that before was the standard answer and really Belltech is no different with their response to issues, then again the phone jockeys don't care about anything but their paycheck.

Waiting on shims to show up now and see if can get the angle correct with the Belltech kit.

If not put it back to shackles, block removed and enjoy it that way. Although it looks 100 times better lowered.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

All three of my rcsb trucks 99, 04, 12, had a shake, stock height and lowered. It varied by the road condition. My 15 CCSB shakes the least, usually only for the first mile down the road on my way to work but its good after I slow after down for one small section of 45mph road. Its good going the other other direction when I turn out of my driveway. Could just be harmonics issue with just one thing, axle, tire, wheel, driveshaft or combination of things, throwing the truck out of whack.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

agree , i bought my truck cash which is mistake but if i fix this vibration all is good ,
did you try leaf spring clamp ? a lot of people say it fix clunk and vibrate it's cheap next to what you plan to do .

I haven't clamped the springs
Old 09-04-2016, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Have seen a few trucks vibrate when it deactivates cylinders....
Old 09-04-2016, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wuznme
I adjusted the DJM Kit 8-ways to Sunday, had multiple issues with the DJM flip kit, 3 times called to ask questions, we never heard that before was the standard answer and really Belltech is no different with their response to issues, then again the phone jockeys don't care about anything but their paycheck.

Waiting on shims to show up now and see if can get the angle correct with the Belltech kit.

If not put it back to shackles, block removed and enjoy it that way. Although it looks 100 times better lowered.
i think the belltech flip kit need a new trans mount a read it somewhere , don't contact them they have the laziest costumer service , check with suspension source they have great service .

Originally Posted by Feed
All three of my rcsb trucks 99, 04, 12, had a shake, stock height and lowered. It varied by the road condition. My 15 CCSB shakes the least, usually only for the first mile down the road on my way to work but its good after I slow after down for one small section of 45mph road. Its good going the other other direction when I turn out of my driveway. Could just be harmonics issue with just one thing, axle, tire, wheel, driveshaft or combination of things, throwing the truck out of whack.
this model when shake happen its the worst thing ever not like older models .

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Have seen a few trucks vibrate when it deactivates cylinders....
engine mounts - body mount - tires - wheels - DS - rear end .. they have TSP check procedure to eliminate all of this parts .

i have an appointment with my dealer in 2 weeks lets see what will they say
Old 09-04-2016, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

I know my 05 always has and probably always will vibrate more than my 2015 does..... I have yet to feel a vibrating current bodystyle truck. My 15 does vibrate when it sits for a while until I drive it a bit but that's flat spots on the 22's..... otherwise it's smooth. One crew cab I test drove vibrated but again... probably tires. Not any of the trucks we test drove when my employee was buying his 14 vibrated and these were all these low mileage 2 year trade ins....

GMwhineforum ( which I am currently suspended off of lol) has a thread that is thousands of posts long with nothing but mostly whining and no resolution.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the transfer case spacer, it basically takes the tail shaft from -6.8° to -5.2° although the pinion is set at -.70° that's too big of a swing. Not sure why they don't build more angle into the axle brackets. Have some shims coming this week to try and work this out.

Thinking the shims will take care of the issue, my vibrations are mostly on decel and with almost a -6° swing in angle I can see why. Will probably try the 4° shims first.

Had heard the Belltech kit was reworked for 14+ trucks, but Im not so sure, the transfer case bolts they supplied with the spacers are way too small in diameter. The older trucks may have not had as much negative angle at the tail shaft, so possible using the same kit, just a different part number. Belltech hasn't been the same since 2004-2005 timeframe.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read multiple posts about "I paid cash, what a mistake", for the record the service dept. does not know nor care if you own or are making payments. If its warranty its warranty if its customer pay its customer pay. There are several bulletins related to vibration concerns, there is a special tool available to dealers to help pin point vibration causes, we have seen high road force in tire/wheel sets, rear end gears, axle housings as well.

Quick Reply: anyone find what's causing those trucks to vibrate ?