PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/)
-   -   2014 transmission issues (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/2014-transmission-issues-532681/)

rijrunr 10-05-2014 07:05 AM

2014 transmission issues

I did not find any posts related to problems with the 2014 transmission. After I took mine in for the recall and they flashed the tune, I noticed a few things different, including the grade braking being softer. It's been about 3000 miles since the flash. Yesterday I started noticing some idle flutters like a miss and when driving, it feels like the TC sort of jumping in and out of lock or grabbing. I have no custom tune or mods and except CAI and shorties. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I may need to take it in to the dealer.

Jason Z69 10-05-2014 07:28 AM

The fludder is probably when it goes from v8 to v4 mode or vise versa. My 2010 did it before i turned it off..

rijrunr 10-05-2014 07:54 AM

I don't think that is the issue. I watched on the 4/8 go in and out on the DIC and there didn't appear to be a connection. Also, it feels like a miss at idle. I seen these symptoms on my 2011 when the TC was going out, but I only have 10,000 miles on this truck.

cueball 10-05-2014 02:33 PM

Mine did the same thing.
It's not the V8 to V4 mode going in and out.
I've had mine at the dealership 3 times since new for that problem, they don't have a fix for it.
It gets worse with TC adapt.
The only way i've found to fix it as of right now, is to reprogram it yourself.
I had to turn off TC adapt and change shift speeds and TC speeds.
It was very annoying and sometimes dangerous before I programmed it.

At certain speeds or engine loads the TC would cycle in and out rapidly trying to decide what to do for several seconds before locking or switching gears and accelerating.

Now it's way better and doesn't do it at all.

rijrunr 10-05-2014 05:13 PM

That's exactly what mine feels like. Are you using HP Tuners? I have HP Tuners but have been hesitant to do anything due to the recalls and warranty. I haven't seen much on their forum that anyone is doing with te 2014's.

Bit 10-05-2014 08:06 PM

I would kill for a good tune file as well.

joshua022 10-05-2014 09:02 PM

Mine had a vibration at totally random speeds, radio and Bluetooth both went out at separate times, trans had a weird clunk/shifting....

All of these things my local gmc dealer couldn't figure out. After 8 trips to the dealership in a month, They ended up buying my truck back from me and giving my initial trade in back..

I have yet to buy a new truck yet. I can't decide.

Jordan927 10-05-2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by joshua022 (Post 5247032)
Mine had a vibration at totally random speeds, radio and Bluetooth both went out at separate times, trans had a weird clunk/shifting....

All of these things my local gmc dealer couldn't figure out. After 8 trips to the dealership in a month, They ended up buying my truck back from me and giving my initial trade in back..

I have yet to buy a new truck yet. I can't decide.

Damn you guys have it good. Up here in Canada we'd just be stuck with a shitty truck.

I had a Cruze that I had in 12 different times for brake issues and about 20 more for other things...ended up having to trade it and lose 3 or 4 grand. the final straw was when the fuel pump went at 80k km...

I do know that your truck will end up in Canada eventually though. They sell lemon buybacks from the US here. They swap the dash, add DRL's and sell them at a reduced rate. They just sold a 2011 vette at the dealership down the road from me. It even said it was a lemon buy back in the carfax report.

IMO...That's dirty pool.

It should have been recycled...into razor blades and pop bottles.

01WS6/tamu 10-05-2014 11:08 PM

CAI and headers on a stock tune can also cause the problem. They skew the torque signal to the trans fractionally and can cause all kinds of weird trans related problems. Everything the 6L90 does is based off of the engine delivered torque signal to the TCM if it's not dead nuts perfect then the tranny will do all kinds of flakey stuff.

cueball 10-06-2014 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu (Post 5247075)
CAI and headers on a stock tune can also cause the problem. They skew the torque signal to the trans fractionally and can cause all kinds of weird trans related problems. Everything the 6L90 does is based off of the engine delivered torque signal to the TCM if it's not dead nuts perfect then the tranny will do all kinds of flakey stuff.

This is true.