Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

WTF now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF now?

Just got my truck back from the shop last week having an oil leak fixed. They dropped the transmission just to verify that it was the oil pan gasket. Now on my way to work this morning my engine light came on. Had it scanned and it came back as code P3400 "Cylinder Deactivation System, Bank 1." Anyone make heads or tails of this or had this code show up? I went to the dealership today and they said it would be ok to drive until they could get to me tomorrow. They said as long as the light doesn't begin to flash im fine, is this correct? I posted this here since it only pertains to gmt900 trucks. Please help!!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

I need to take mine in for the oil leak and my steering rack is leaking...not looking forward to this.

How long did they keep your truck?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JB1
I need to take mine in for the oil leak and my steering rack is leaking...not looking forward to this.

How long did they keep your truck?

They put some dye in the engine on a Friday and told me to drive it over the weekend because they could not tell exactly where it was coming from. I took it back to them the following Monday morning, they gave me a crappy Aveo to drive and the next morning around 9:00 they called and said it was ready. So mine was actually out of commission for one day. But factor in "Dye Day" and about 1 or 2 more unproductive days too. Maybe your leak is easier to pinpoint than mine was.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

So nobody's had code P3400 show up? This truck has less than 15000 miles on it.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BCchevy
So nobody's had code P3400 show up? This truck has less than 15000 miles on it.
BCchevy this happened to my DOD 07 model truck when it had about 5000 miles on it I had no programer or hptuners at the time I used onstar to find what the code was and found out it was the DOD. The next day I went to the dealer they scanned the truck and told me what the code was (dod or v4-v8 mode) and they cleared it I now have 32k on my truck and havent seen it since but I would take it to the dealer and get a printout of them clearing the code incase you have problems in the future you can refer them to the fact you tried to fix it. Point is nothing was wrong mine works just fine when I choose to turn it on. hope this helps
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had UNDER 20k on my CC and the rear main seal was leaking. they tried to tell me it may be a filter loose or a plug loose. i told em your full of sh*t im a diesel mechanic an i know wth a rear main seal looks like. i was out of a truck for 1 day, no dye was used on mine.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

I think the problem has been the Crank Position Sensor on the GMT900 trucks

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...highlight=leak
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks tallbluslpr for the info. At least im not alone. I took my truck to the dealership for my appointment today and wouldn't ya know it the dang light went off. At least i had made them scan it yesterday just to read the code. Now its on their records and they have the truck right now. They said they would give it a once over anyway.

These trucks really do have a lot of little leaks and quirks don't they? Poor guy at the dealership today had his nnbs truck in for a broken lifter.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, if i woulda known about all these damn problems, i honestly would have never bought a NNBS. i would have just bought the 07 CCSB classic i was looking at with the 5.3 and sway in a 6.0 damn GovermentMotors
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

i really cant stand that gm put DOD in these motors. its so pointless, if you want economy, get a honda. or a bicycle.

F*&K! best thing u can do when u get your truck is turn DOD off and put a non DOD valley cover on,

Quick Reply: WTF now?