Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

My 2010 Tahoe needs a little maintenance: Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default My 2010 Tahoe needs a little maintenance: Help

I have a 2010 Tahoe that I bought brand new that wife drives everyday. It just rolled 78k miles and I need to do a brake job on it as they are starting to squeal a little and I'm tired of hearing her (the wife) squealing about it.

This truck is 100% bone stock and will stay that way.

Is there any particular brake pad I should be looking for that is quiet and has a good life cycle?

Also, I think it is time to replace the shocks front and rear. Any recommendations for a daily driver? Comfort is the most important thing I'm looking for on this one.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

I believe OE is ceramic material.

There should also be carbon metallic. Supposedly less dust than ceramic, better life, etc, etc. (I checked OReilly's website and they have them listed)

I'd also flush the brake system with new/clean fluid. I have my brake jobs done at Firestone and I have it done just because it doubles the warranty on the job.

Good insurance though.

Check your hoses. If they are dry rotted or show shines of cracking, replace them with OE Delco hoses. IMO.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

We always installed the napa brand ADO's (adaptive ones) on these trucks at my last job. They never make noise, no dusting problems and are a ceramic pad. Order online or get a coupon if you buy them, they cost a few dollars more than the regular premium pads.

Shocks may be a personal opinion but I thought the stock AC Delco's ride nice. I even bought some brand new take offs from a guy that lifted his truck, they rode a little better than the older stockers I had.