Truck leaning to front/passenger side - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Truck leaning to front/passenger side

Old 12-18-2017, 09:38 AM   #1  
Staging Lane

Default Truck leaning to front/passenger side

So this morning when I made a left turn into my work parking lot, I heard a pop sound similar to a rock being thrown from the front passenger side tire. I didn't think much of it until I looked out the window and noticed that the truck seems to be sitting lower on the front passenger side. I went out and measured and the passenger side is about an inch lower. I thought maybe the spring broke, but the spring seems to be in one piece, and everything else appears to be fine. Would a strut failing/failed make a pop like that or could it be shot and the pop was something unrelated(rock)? Any other opinions?
Idryfly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #2  
TECH Junkie

Something broke if it went down a whole inch but I'd only be guessing at what it was without seeing the truck in person. A spring could have broke the spring perch ( I think) that rides on the strut body could have push down further than the ring holding it in place.
FFDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #3  
Staging Lane

That's kind of what I figured.

BTW- For what it's worth, the measurement was from the top of the tire to the fender.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #4  
Staging Lane

So, update. When I was replacing the bad front axle seals, the driver's side sway bar end link broke. Went to the dealer for a new one.............turns out they gave me a 3/4 ton end link and the larger link was keeping that side higher. Live and learn, never assume you were given the correct part.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck leaning to front/passenger side-img_1775.jpg