Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Thoughts on slotted drilled rotors

Old 03-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
If you decide to upgrade the flexible section of brake lines, be extra sure the lines are approved for road use. Does Canada have something like the US D.O.T.? I've run Goodridge stainless braided lines with a thick clear nylon sleeve on a couple cars as they were the only DOT approved stainless brake line. Crimped ends were correct orientation and perfect fit on every install, after some 80k miles on the first install they still looked new.
Yes we do have the same DOT, Canadian version . I did find some through JEGS they are DOT approved made by stop tech. I'm actually surprised Russell doesn't have a set listed for my truck.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought Powerslot drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk pads. There was a significate difference in braking capability on my truck, no increase in noise and I am not noticing an increase in brake dust. I would purchase them all over again.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Resolute_welding
So, it takes a little time to do it, but if you want to change your brake fluid the "easy" way, I just use a turkey baster and suck out as much as I can and replace it. Then rinse and repeat every evening or drive there after for a bit. But good pads do make a huge difference!
You need to look into a Motive Products power bleeder! I replace the fluid in the master, then use the tank dry to just put pressure on the reservoir, bleed the calipers, remove the tank and top the reservoir as needed. It's a true one person operation and less mess and time than putting the fluid in the tank.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff71
You need to look into a Motive Products power bleeder! I replace the fluid in the master, then use the tank dry to just put pressure on the reservoir, bleed the calipers, remove the tank and top the reservoir as needed. It's a true one person operation and less mess and time than putting the fluid in the tank.
I actually have one of those power bleeders . I forgot all about it till you mentioned it. I just have to find it.