Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Thoughts/ideas on adding a LED light bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mounted the 20in single in the front bumper of my 2009 silverado. It fit in there really good. Actually used the factory bolts for the lower air dam. Just had to put washers on the end of the bar to space the mounts out a tad. I used the longer mounts and just cut them and rebent them to the proper height.
The light is a Aurora light not a rigid though, pretty much the same and for less $$$.

Trevor
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts/ideas on adding a LED light bar-20in-single-2009-chev..jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tk-mpl
I mounted the 20in single in the front bumper of my 2009 silverado. It fit in there really good. Actually used the factory bolts for the lower air dam. Just had to put washers on the end of the bar to space the mounts out a tad. I used the longer mounts and just cut them and rebent them to the proper height.
The light is a Aurora light not a rigid though, pretty much the same and for less $$$.

Trevor
Looks good, very nice. Exactly what I was thinking of doing. Take a night shot of the light output and post it up if you don't mind.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by SebringSilverZ
Finished up the lights, here are a few pictures. Will add some night time shots later tonight after it gets dark. More pictures and information below for those that care or want to do this for themselves.

I first mounted the lights behind the grill but didn't like how it turned out so moved them to the fog light location. Behind the grill would work great if someone wants to run a light bar. Think you could easy fit up to a 30". My truck came with factory fogs so I purchased a set of blanks. Cut square holes in the blanks the size of the lens of the led lights. Took the face plate off the led light and picked up some longer screws to account for the additional thickness of the blank. The lights are solidly mounted in the blanks and also attached secondarily from behind. The factory valence required very slight trimming to accommodate the depth of the led light housings. The led lights come with their own harness and switch but I retained the factory switch/wiring since the factory fogs are already fused. Picked up a 5202 bulb adaptor harness to use to plug into the factory wiring and wired in the rigid plug to attach to the led lights. If anyone is looking to do this I'm happy to answer any questions to help out. Here are some various pictures I took along the way.

I know its been a while since this post, but could I get any of the info on the adapters and aftermarket blanks if still available? I just bought a Sierra and dying to do this! You are right the factory fog's are useless
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emailj
i know its been a while since this post, but could i get any of the info on the adapters and aftermarket blanks if still available? I just bought a sierra and dying to do this! You are right the factory fog's are useless
this!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6Luvr
this!
PM sent.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent.
got em ordered! thanks a ton!

nate.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

PM sent.
pm me info as well please
Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Can someone please PM me the info for the harness too?

Last edited by tarheel34; 07-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tarheel34
Can someone please PM me the info for the harness too?
Sent.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Where did you find the harness/adapter?

Quick Reply: Thoughts/ideas on adding a LED light bar