Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

She's a goner I think

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Yup, that will be totaled by insurance standards and cost of "Like Kind Quality" replacement parts.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Glad to hear you are all Ok. Did they tow it away? (as opposed to your home or a location where you have access to it) That looks like it will be totaled, but just guessing. I have heard some people get the vehicle for a short period of time to reinstall original equipment and keep the mods, ( I see at least the wheels). Have you done anything else to it, that you might be able to remove?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

They towed it away and I went by today and cleaned everything else out of it. I popped the hood and the headers looked good but there was a lot of oil all over the road so something had to hit down there. Two of the rims are trashed from coming off the truck and one rim is jammed up into the rear fender from the rear axle coming off. So it got scratched and the only rim that looked normal, had to go across a curd so who knows if it’s true anymore.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly the reason you drive a vehicle with a frame. Glad your family is ok!
Old 08-16-2018, 12:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Good thing you were in a full size truck glad your family walked away safely. Good luck with the hunt for the next one.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:05 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Find a good lawyer and chiropractor you may have sustained injures that may show up later in life... my neck has never been the same after being rearended in 1985. Being a "tough guy" I just shook it off telling myself "I'll be alright".
Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm 100% fine but I'm trying to convince my wife of that. She is a little sore in the neck but it's getting better everyday. She's trying to be a tough guy and I can't get it trough her stubborn head just to go to the doctor so we have it documented.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
I'm 100% fine but I'm trying to convince my wife of that. She is a little sore in the neck but it's getting better everyday. She's trying to be a tough guy and I can't get it trough her stubborn head just to go to the doctor so we have it documented.

Remind her she is not a doctor (is she?) Mis-alignment that needs chiropractic injuries are not visible. It is common, that you may not notice them for few days. You can get whiplash from a 10mph bump that may not even cause you to spill your drink. This certainly sounds like it wasn't your fault, I wouldn't think its you taking advantage of anything, its just you trying to fix the problems this has caused. IMO, all three of you need to get checked out. Even if its just to show your 2 yr old its ok to do, just so you can be certain. From someone who was in a car wreck a while back and had problems later, its very possible that you could have tweaked something that you don't even notice right away, and won't be come apparent until you do some unusual movement/ or exercise to put pressure on the joint. The longer you let it go the more the joint will adapt to it that way, making it take longer for it to set right, and "relearn" the correct way your body should be aligned. I was "tough" about mine too, boy did that screw me up. It won't correct itself, its something that needs to be fixed or it will only stay bad, and then get worse.

Last edited by adriver; 08-18-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At a minimum, you, your wife & your kid all need to go get checked up by the Doc. Save your receipts for any co-pays & meds. Tell the insurance company you will settle the medical claims portion of the settlement separately. Not sure what state you're in or the the associated laws, but in TX you have up to 2 years from the date of the accident to settle your medical claim.

Also, if you feel the settlement offer isn't fair (looked like a very nice truck), tell them you're going to file a diminished value claim. Check out these firm...AutoLoss.com
You'll have to deal with the insurance company directly but this company will do the heavy lifting for a very fair flat rate price. I was able to get another $3k on my claim last year and IIRC, it was a $350 charge.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

My wife has an appointment Friday to get checked out. She held our little man during some songs at church today. Then realized her neck wasn’t right and almost had to lay down from the pain. I’m calling tomorrow to have my shoulder checked out. I tried to do some warm up push ups and got a lot of pain in my shoulder.

Quick Reply: She's a goner I think