Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Regarding hptuners update....

Old 09-28-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding hptuners update....

Does anyone know if the hptuners update added adjustability for the torque management and throttle blade opening speed on the NBS trucks?
Old 09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

post in tuning section, hpt staff check posts there
Old 09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should post some pics of your truck Sierra323!!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

will do, thanks!!

niugnep, yes i will post pictures as soon as i have time to wash the damn thing so i can take decent pictures of it . it looks exactly like yours except that it's black..... which to tell you the truth, the pictures of your truck are what convinced me to get mine ..... yeah, i have you to blame for me being broke for the next 6 years
Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SIERRA323
will do, thanks!!

niugnep, yes i will post pictures as soon as i have time to wash the damn thing so i can take decent pictures of it . it looks exactly like yours except that it's black..... which to tell you the truth, the pictures of your truck are what convinced me to get mine ..... yeah, i have you to blame for me being broke for the next 6 years
You'll love it, trust me...six months later I still love jumping into this truck. We'll see how things pan out, might be some serious mods coming for this thing...

Looking forward to pics! From your avatar looks like you have the 20's as well, can you guys finally order them in the US??
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

don't know if they are available on the reg cab, I got mine from a tire shop about 2 weeks after I got the truck.... The 17's were just too damn small, which honestly, the 20's still look kinda small, im gonna lower the truck 2" up front and 3-4 more inches in the back to see if it looks any better. I already lowered it with 2" shackles, but still needs more... Ill try to post some pics in the next few days....
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Agreed, the 20's should be standard.Could never figure out why you could order P60/Z60 here in Canada but not the US. Makes no sense.

I just pulled the block out too so total of 3" out of the back and sits nice.. last pic on my (crappy) little truck page. Thats as far as I am going to go with it for now.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, taking that block really made a difference... That goes to show how much higher these things are in the back than in the front.... I had been checking your page for weeks to see if you had taken the block out lol. When you put the shims in, did you put the thicker part to the front or back?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I was surprised, 3" out now and still has a very slight rake which is good. Of course using the drop shackles you raise the back part of the spring which moves the nose of the diff down towards the ground. In fact I used trig to figure out the angle of shim needed as I broke my pinion angle tool and found the cheapo angle finders were so inaccurate as to be useless.

I have talked to about 6 or 7 RCSB guys now who have done shackles AND block at same time and they didn't have any vibes. Maybe my truck is odd due to factory suspension setup?

If you JUST pull the block and don't do the shackles, you will not need a shim. No different than throwing a couple hundred pounds in the back...its the raising of the spring at the back with shackles that **might** give you some issues.I'd bet not, though.

If you get a chance, I'd sure appreciate it if you could PM me the part number of the rear springs in your truck, should still be legible, its painted in yellow on the bottom of the springs. Just curious. Do you have your buildsheet or anything like that?

Anyway, thick part of shim goes to the back, that way it rotates the diff nose back up to where it should be. I just put the shim back in when I pulled the block. I will be measuring angles when I get a chance, maybe I can ditch that too but its smooth as silk right now.

I also debated getting the factory blocks milled (if need be) with the 2 degree angle into them, take about 1/2" off overall and could put them back in, then it would look stock should I need warranty or anything stupid. Right now its pretty decent, going back up another 1/2" would be ok too.

Also looking at the 6 speed auto thing, from the diagrams looks to be a drop in pretty much, the 4 speed source pins are all the same (almost), course have to make up a wiring harness but wouldn't be too bad..or could just do L92/6speed and go crazy. We'll see how it goes when GM starts dropping the 6 speeds in the trucks, probably be cheaper just to upgrade tranny in current truck and you know there will be aftermarket solutions for everyone because a 6 speed auto would be a sweet retrofit for everyone from 60's muscle all the way to today.

Last edited by niugnep; 10-01-2007 at 05:18 AM.