Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Programmer for 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see lift and bigger tires and tuning but exhaust?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

A cat back/muffler or cai won't usually be grounds for voiding it but some dealers are bigger sticklers than others. The ecm does keep track of the number of flashes though as the others have mentioned and when a vehicle comes in needing a trans or engine GM requires a screen shot of the ecm parameters before work can begin.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Smile

When you remove the custom tune and install the stock tune they never knew it was there promise. I live in Texas where there are strict laws on vehicles. I had warranty work done they checked my computer and said it was clean and did the warranty. You can call me what u want but I'm speaking facts from personal experience! Also there is a law saying aftermarket mods can void your warrany unless proven a direct result. CAI and exhaust are dealer installed aftermarket pieces available at your local dealer. Our dealers will also install lift kits as to not void your warranty.

You can check www.diablosport.com and they clearly guarantee it will not void you warranty.

But hey it's just my $.02 I have experienced the dealer ECM check and they had no clue.

Last edited by BrutalSierra; 02-10-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I'm glad you have all the facts. Because that's obviously not true.
+1 on this scott, my brother had that hand held on his new maro and yes the dealership can tell if its on, and yes it voided his warranty
Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KozzyJr
+1 on this scott, my brother had that hand held on his new maro and yes the dealership can tell if its on, and yes it voided his warranty
Like above, Diablo advertises that it will not void the warranty...pretty sure they wouldn't do this if it did. Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit if the dealership voided the warranty and your brother did everything possible to hide his tracks. In other words, re-flashed to stock, drove it to re cal the ECM and removed the unit from the car.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan927
Like above, Diablo advertises that it will not void the warranty...pretty sure they wouldn't do this if it did. Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit if the dealership voided the warranty and your brother did everything possible to hide his tracks. In other words, re-flashed to stock, drove it to re cal the ECM and removed the unit from the car.
They also advertise they have the best tuning software available as well, and so does superchips, and hypertech, bullydog, etc. etc....
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Very true.

But guaranteeing something and claiming something are two totally different bags of snakes.

I have had my truck to the shop a few times now (for oil changes etc) and left the Diablo hooked up...no one ever said anything about it...and the techs actually played with it a bit last time.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan927
Very true.

But guaranteeing something and claiming something are two totally different bags of snakes.
If 1 person out of 50 runs into warranty trouble with their product, I'm sure they'd be willing to risk it.

There is/was a guy from diablosport on here, not sure if we ran him off yet or not, but I'm sure he'd be the person to ask about it.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Them not saying anything doesnt mean they can't read the flash counter....it counts everytime a cal reflash is done. Some dealers are more flexible than others, and unless you are in for engine or driveability work, they probably have little reason to pull the flash count. And diablosport may claim to have the best yada yada, but if they did they would have a full list of modify-able parameters like efi and hp do. My .02

And did someone say 700 for a f-in handheld, did that come with a lifetime supply of *** lube or what?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from their site......I highlighted the warranty disclaimer....

Disclaimer
THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is anagreement between you, as the purchaser (the "Purchaser") of either the Diablo Module (the "Module") or the hand-held computer unit (the "Unit"), and as the manufacturer of the Product DiabloSport ("DiabloSport"). TheProduct and the Unit shall be referred to collectively herein as the "product"and DiabloSport Inc. shall be referred to herein as "DiabloSport".

1. Acknowledgment And Acceptance Of Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not use the Product. Instead, promptly contact the distributor from which you purchased the Product in writing, requesting a refund of the purchase price. Any use of the Product by you will constitute your agreement to the terms and conditions contained herein.
2. Grant Of License. The parties hereto acknowledge that DiabloSport is granting a non-transferable restricted license to Purchaser to use the Product for the sole purpose of installation in Purchaser’s vehicle. DiabloSport shall retain all title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Product. Purchaser agrees that Purchaser shall not, directly or indirectly, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Product. Purchaser further agrees not to permit any third parties to modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Product.
3. Disclaimer. The Product is being sold with no warranties of any kind, express or implied. The Product is not endorsed by the manufacturer of your vehicle and there is no affiliation between DiabloSport and the manufacturer of your vehicle. Installation of the Product in your vehicle or use of the Product with your vehicle may limit or void your rights under any warranty provided by the manufacturer of your vehicle, and DiabloSport assumes no responsibility in such event. Any warranty not provided herein, and any remedy which, but for this provision, might arise by implication or operation of law, is hereby excluded and disclaimed. The implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any particular purpose herein are expressly disclaimed.

a. DiabloSport offers a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all products.
b. DiabloSport products carry a 2 year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
i. DiabloSports liability under this warranty shall be limited to the correction or replacement of any defective part or product in question which DiabloSport determines to be necessary.
ii. Warranty freight charges are the responsibility of the dealer distributor and/or customer.
iii. This warranty is to the original purchaser and is non transferable.
. This warranty is void unless proof of purchase is submitted. Product must be purchased at an DiabloSport Authorized Dealer in order to qualify for warranty.
. Removal of serial numbers and/or alteration of product or packaging will also void all warranties.

. c. DiabloSport shall not be held responsible for direct or indirect failures due to our product.
d. DiabloSport shall not credit or repair any units that are not properly restored to the original backup upon time of return or may be VIN locked.
i. VIN locked units, or improperly restored units, will be returned to customer.
ii. It is the customers responsibility to check any and all DiabloSport product to make sure the original backups have been restored to vehicles before the product shall be returned.
e. Technical Support
i. DiabloSport customers should maintain adequate knowledge of the DiabloSport product line to be able to properly sell, and to service the needs of their customers.
ii. DiabloSport will provide technical assistance and advice directly to the dealer/distributor to enable them to answer and field technical questions.
iii. It is the responsibility of the dealer distributor to handle their own technical issues with customers, and not to direct them to DiabloSport.
f. Product updates
i. DiabloSport shall inform all customers of the latest product as soon as they are available. DiabloSport will inform custo
All DiabloSport products have a satisfaction guarantee. If in the first 30days from date of purchase you are not satisfied with the results thePredator generates in your vehicle, simply restore the factory tune toyour vehicle and return the Predator to the selling dealer. Pending examination of the tool by DiabloSport, you will receive a refund fromyour selling dealer. Under no circumstances will DiabloSport accept thereturn of a Predator unit that does not have a performance tuneremaining in it.
Predator Revisions
In an effort to keep the Diablosport Predator at the forefront oftechnology, Diablosport will offer revisions to the Predator whennecessary. Updates are available via the web or you can return thePredator for a revision update. Please contact Diablosport for a ReturnMerchandise Authorization Number (RMA) and an address to ship to.Predators shipped without an RMA number clearly on the outer box willbe refused. The customer is responsible for all freight expenses.

Quick Reply: Programmer for 2010?