PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   Ordering headers and ory questions (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/ordering-headers-ory-questions-431168/)

BlueSS 12-23-2008 01:09 PM

I believe the pacesetter y-pipe now comes in 3 pieces mine did. I haven't installed it yet, but the end that has the flange on it slips over another piece you can just shorten that other piece and no need for welding. like i said those are my plans but i haven't done it so i'm not sure it will work that way...

Allgonoshow 12-23-2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Noah Burns (Post 4083287)
Went ahead and ordered the pacesetters and their y pipe, i'll just have one of the welders here at work shorten the y... How much did you have to shorten your's??

me???
plug and play, no fabrication, thats my point.
if you have someone who can gear you up, perfect.
you may need some 3" tubing or
may need to take the rear flange off the stock cat pipe and weld to your ory if you want to match up to your existing exhaust.
so, no cats...what are you going to do for codes?
it will also be VERY loud, mine is loud with cats and magnaflow.

not trying to discourage you Noah, just giving a heads up

Noah Burns 12-23-2008 01:42 PM

I will fix the codes with HPT, thats no big deal... did you have to extend your 02 sensor wiring any to make them work? Shouldn't be that loud, my '01 has LTs with no cats, true duals with bullets dumped and its ok... this will be run through an MBRP catback and out in the stock location.

nighthawk08 12-23-2008 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSS (Post 4083291)
I believe the pacesetter y-pipe now comes in 3 pieces mine did. I haven't installed it yet, but the end that has the flange on it slips over another piece you can just shorten that other piece and no need for welding. like i said those are my plans but i haven't done it so i'm not sure it will work that way...

that would be great if we didn't have to get anything welded. get those installed and let us know!

Noah Burns 12-23-2008 02:07 PM

won't be long, gotta wait for it all to get here, figure early next week, then I can spend a day or so putting some of the mods I have for the truck on... Headers and ORY, Pulley, EWP, and some other ods and ends... Might try and throw my SS3600 in if I feel REAL froggy... don't know if I can find that much Red Bull though...

Allgonoshow 12-23-2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Noah Burns (Post 4083330)
I will fix the codes with HPT, thats no big deal... did you have to extend your 02 sensor wiring any to make them work? Shouldn't be that loud, my '01 has LTs with no cats, true duals with bullets dumped and its ok... this will be run through an MBRP catback and out in the stock location.

arh's didn't need 02 extensions, but depends where the bungs are in the p/setter pipe.
easier to buy bungs and put them in the right place than trying to find/fit 02 extensions

loud is relative and personal, i say it will be loud, good loud, but loud

Allgonoshow 12-23-2008 02:18 PM

Quote ....don't know if I can find that much Red Bull though...

what's that, does it work different than Budwiser, make you sleep better?

Noah Burns 12-23-2008 02:21 PM

similar to Budweiser... no headache in the morning... Works best when mixed with Jeagermeister

nighthawk08 12-23-2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Noah Burns (Post 4083377)
Works best when mixed with Jeagermeister

ohhh yes, that will fawk you up.

ok back on topic.

Allgonoshow 12-23-2008 03:00 PM

not back topic yet.....Jeagermeister is that made in the USA.

BUY American or atleast North American