Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

!!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!

I am taking the engine back out of the truck tomorrow due to a ring issue. The truck runs real strong but has a excessive oil consumption problem that is felt to be ring related. As the truck is now it has a ported truck intake and ported 90mm LS3 throttle body by LS2 portworks. I am gonna change to a camshaft that gives me lift numbers in the 61x -62x with a stock rocker so as to remove the 1.85 yella terras. I also plan to install a LS7 MAF with a 4 inch tube with a Fast LSXR 102 mm intake and 102 throttle body ( don't really know how much gain I will actually get from this but we will see). I will also be removing the Magnaflow 3 1/2 cat back and installing a dual 3 inch exhaust. While the truck is down within these weeks I will also be installing an air bag suspension on the truck, giving me the ability to maintain the ride height of the truck reguardless of load or passengers.

Questions
1: What type of durability issues are there if any with the Comp LSR lobes on a daily driven vehicle (truck)?
2: What does it take to run a car intake on a truck, is it just the pulley move?
3: Which DBW 102 mm throttle body is best for tuning if any or what are your experiences.
4: Any one used a suspension system from AIRBAGIT?

I will be starting a sale thread for all the parts that will not be used anymore.
Thanks for any and all input guys!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did u ever get to dyno it?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 62nalide
did u ever get to dyno it?
No I did not, kindof a mix of tuning issue and mechanical issue with the rings and blowby, oil consumption, that the truck just never felt as if it ran clean. I am kindof sore on doing things half assed, so before the truck sees anyones dyno it will be running clean. not to mention the closest dyno I know and trust is in Baton Rouge about 2.5 hours from me.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay away from airbagit. Used them years ago, and their customer service sucked.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
I would stay away from airbagit. Used them years ago, and their customer service sucked.
Well I am just a bit too late getting this info. I have now in possession a complete suspension from them. We will see how it goes; although so far I have not had any problems or issues, they have helped me out in selection so far.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Man Motor club

You asked AFTER you ordered???
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rjwz28
You asked AFTER you ordered???
Well not all together, I have spoken with some guys on other forums GM fullsize and one local that used their parts and looks like the the consensus was that you just need to know what you want as you may not get any help from them, but luckily I guess I had a decent guy working with me on my system. My question was more reguarding those who had the parts and the quality of them. There are just not many offering for a bolt on type suspension for the 07 -current body style, that I could find.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Man Motor club

Oh, I gotcha. The engine sounds like it's gonna be sweet.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default !!!update!!!solution to the problem!

Ok so the 2 week thrash has turned into a loooong ordeal, but I have a solution to the mehem. Ordered in a new block and pistons, to go with the scat crank and rods, making a healthy 454 cubic inches. Now waiting on the machine shop to get done with the block so I can get her assembled.
Attached Thumbnails !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!-img_1686.jpg   !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!-img_1689.jpg   !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!-img_1702.jpg   !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!-img_1685.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1STRTOKER
making a healthy 454 cubic inches ....
That's the $hit I'm talkin' about!

Quick Reply: !!ls3 stroker 2 week truck engine and suspension thrash! Input needed!!