Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Jamescb77 semi exciting NNBS turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
You'll have to put the stock injectors back in it if your going to run it with the stock tune. Just don't get it into boost amd you'll be fine.

And to avoid boost entirely you could just put a filter on the TB for the drive over.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys I wont be driving it farther than from the garage to the trailer I just want to be able to fire it up and make sure there is no leaks and everything is good to good and back it put of the garage and on to my trailer.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Well everyone we are getting close. I do believe I have everything ready to go minus the vacuum/boost lines for the boost controller, fpr, wastegate, etc. Hopefully get all tha t hooked up this weekend. The vacuum manifold I have is kind of big so I might opt to try and find a smaller one that can mount out of the way better.

Also the turbo to intercooler pipes are kind of funky. They are solid but I'm afraid they are not gonna hold higher boost as they aren't exactly straight shots into the boots. I messed with these for a while and this is the best I could get. Not sure how much you can really tell here.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks close. I used small T fittings for mine. you cant even see them on the intake under the main harness.

Dont sweat that cold piping. Tighten the clamp and run it. Shell be just fine.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Thanks choda. Now just to figure out these lines this weekend and then decide on tuning. I'm so ready to make this thing run again.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

This is how mine is. Each T has three ports ( a b c )

T1a from intake port
T1b go into T2a
T1c to WG

T2a coming from T1b
T2b BOV
T2c boost guage
Old 03-23-2018, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jamescb77
Thanks choda. Now just to figure out these lines this weekend and then decide on tuning. I'm so ready to make this thing run again.
What are you trying to decide as far as tuning?
Slap on some vac lines and fire it up. You can go back and make it pretty latter. Great job can't wait for some vids of it running.]
Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Trying to decide if I'm gonna haul the thing three hours away to GPI or order hptuners and try and do it myself or order hptuners and pay for a mail order tune.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jamescb77
Trying to decide if I'm gonna haul the thing three hours away to GPI or order hptuners and try and do it myself or order hptuners and pay for a mail order tune.
Ok. Unless you have some experience tuning or someone that can help don't try it yourself. It will be better to pay someone else and learn as you go. I would recommend atomic (AFP) he is a vender on the site if you do e-mail tuning. You will purchase Hp tuner from him so you will have the ability to learn as well. I've had a couple tuners he is by far the best e-mail tuner.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crashmymax
Ok. Unless you have some experience tuning or someone that can help don't try it yourself. It will be better to pay someone else and learn as you go. I would recommend atomic (AFP) he is a vender on the site if you do e-mail tuning. You will purchase Hp tuner from him so you will have the ability to learn as well. I've had a couple tuners he is by far the best e-mail tuner.
Yea that's my thoughts especially with having a 6l80 and trying to keep it alive for a while. I'm gonna hit him up. I just want to hear it run.

Everything is hooked up except the boost controller but I need a tune so I can fire it up

Quick Reply: Jamescb77 semi exciting NNBS turbo build