PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   Fast lsxrt questions (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/fast-lsxrt-questions-550404/)

Rip170 09-25-2017 12:10 PM

Fast lsxrt questions

I am planning on installing a fast lsxrt on my 08 silverado 6.0 cathedral port set up, after a lot of research I pretty much got it all down except for the fuel rails. I would like to run fast billet rails but not sure if I need to run a fuel pressure regulator, if so does someone have a pic of it or instructions on how to run one ?

fctry286 09-25-2017 10:20 PM

Your better off running a different manifold. Speaking from experience, I had nothing but issues with mine. Trying to get it idle correctly then it leaked. Just get a holley or edelbrock manifold

Rip170 09-25-2017 11:50 PM

Dang , well I got it for a decent deal , was yours warped ? What other issues did you have ?

darkirish63 10-04-2017 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by fctry286 (Post 5420053)
Your better off running a different manifold. Speaking from experience, I had nothing but issues with mine. Trying to get it idle correctly then it leaked. Just get a holley or edelbrock manifold

Never had an issue with mine - have the newer black version - install was done by my tuner and no idle or leak issues whatsoever.

Rip170 10-04-2017 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by darkirish63 (Post 5420702)
Never had an issue with mine - have the newer black version - install was done by my tuner and no idle or leak issues whatsoever.

Mine is a grey top but I put a straight edge across the intake ports and it seems pretty level

darkirish63 10-04-2017 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rip170 (Post 5420758)
Mine is a grey top but I put a straight edge across the intake ports and it seems pretty level

Just make sure you replace the valley cover bolts with the round top ones provides in the kit & torque everything down as instructed and it should be fine. A tweak to the tune is an absolute need as well or it will feel like garbage.

Rip170 10-04-2017 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by darkirish63 (Post 5420775)
Just make sure you replace the valley cover bolts with the round top ones provides in the kit & torque everything down as instructed and it should be fine. A tweak to the tune is an absolute need as well or it will feel like garbage.

how did your truck feel after the tune? Any noticeable difference up top and down low ? Also did you replace your coolant crossover ?

2002_Z28_Six_Speed 10-04-2017 08:35 PM

I had to bend the hell out of my crossover to get it to fit but factory one works. Barely. Not much clearance at all.

You don't need a FPR. Just put an adapter from the FAST rails to your factory fuel line. Probably something like -6 AN port adapter that comes in the kit to a straight -6AN fitting. To short piece of line. To a 3/8 male quick disconnect. Something like that. Then run a cross over on the front. The first time around I ran a cross linked synthetic line but I heard stories about it can rot out and then I switched to a PTFE line.

darkirish63 10-05-2017 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rip170 (Post 5420783)
how did your truck feel after the tune? Any noticeable difference up top and down low ? Also did you replace your coolant crossover ?

Truck feels great after the tune - hard to really say if there was a difference between the TBSS I swapped out since the motor was fresh as well. PCM of NC sells a fuel rail cross-over for the LSXRT that works with the FAST rails if you're using them. I had them do the whole thing since they tune my ride as well. Happy with the whole set-up in the end.

Rip170 10-06-2017 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by darkirish63 (Post 5420831)
Truck feels great after the tune - hard to really say if there was a difference between the TBSS I swapped out since the motor was fresh as well. PCM of NC sells a fuel rail cross-over for the LSXRT that works with the FAST rails if you're using them. I had them do the whole thing since they tune my ride as well. Happy with the whole set-up in the end.

does it matter if the crossover is in the rear or the front ?