Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Cheatr V.3 in a LY5

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by $ierraLY5
iamkeniff,

Do you have any turbo experience? If so, point me in the direction of a good front mount set-up.
Also, I'd like to keep it N/A, but I take road trips in this thing up in the mountains. I have to have boost. I took my CTS-V to Colorado last year and even with that large lunged LS6, she was gasping for air at 10,000 ft. lol
no experience, but did enough asking questions, and reading. if i was you i'd hit up Trick turbos, or KBracing about the front mounts both bad *** turbo designers. the onlything is i dont know if KB racing has done a GMT900 yet so you should ask him.there is a SCSB that went 11.99s with a Trick turbo kit, 72mm, spec'd cam, 3:73s, 3600 converter

i love my N/A but when i ran Skipperdaddy (he's supercharged) we were what and what from a 25 punch to 100 so yeah im a lil upset that the money i spent vs the money he spent lol. but then again my bus hung with a FI truck so im happy as hell

i have a feeling your going to be unhappy with that cam. PLUS you can't just throw it in your LS6 dude it's gonna be so mad at you lol. if i was you id get a spec'd cam its the same cost. Pat G spec's them and did Skipperdaddys. he had the cam cut on EPS lobes which is out doing a lot of cam companys these days. since you are close to EPS, id just go talk to Geoff Skinner and see what he recommends.

honestly if you are going to to turboed id do it all at once. dont buy LTs/OR-y and such. it can get costly. i do all my own work, and i helped Skipperdaddy with his S/C install, and Skoal Bandits converter install. its not very hard doing any of that, just a lil time consuming.

decide exactly what you want.
start buying parts or a kit for it, then be finished vs having to change back and forth ya know?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know how much boost, havent put a boost gauge yet... but shes holding up good so far, but my tune is still on the safe side, i was told i could squeeze a lil more out of it but im more than happy with my numbers and to know the tune is still safe is fine by mebut as niff stated the torque is INSTANT! but dont let him fool ya, his truck is simply INSANE on the big end and there arent many things from a high speed roll that will keep up with his CC! anyhow we'll all have to meet up one day, always good to meet a fellow gear head!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM

yeah trey the truck is fun but your's is hell on wheels imho.

$ierraLY5: if you're ever out and about in gonzales you need to keep an eye out for the Truckshop stickers on the back glass

we need to have a meet that close for all the denham, p'ville, gonzales guys. i think we should hit up a meet at Acadamy or something one day and all go out to Hooters or something
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
no experience, but did enough asking questions, and reading. if i was you i'd hit up Trick turbos, or KBracing about the front mounts both bad *** turbo designers. the onlything is i dont know if KB racing has done a GMT900 yet so you should ask him.there is a SCSB that went 11.99s with a Trick turbo kit, 72mm, spec'd cam, 3:73s, 3600 converter

i love my N/A but when i ran Skipperdaddy (he's supercharged) we were what and what from a 25 punch to 100 so yeah im a lil upset that the money i spent vs the money he spent lol. but then again my bus hung with a FI truck so im happy as hell

i have a feeling your going to be unhappy with that cam. PLUS you can't just throw it in your LS6 dude it's gonna be so mad at you lol. if i was you id get a spec'd cam its the same cost. Pat G spec's them and did Skipperdaddys. he had the cam cut on EPS lobes which is out doing a lot of cam companys these days. since you are close to EPS, id just go talk to Geoff Skinner and see what he recommends.

honestly if you are going to to turboed id do it all at once. dont buy LTs/OR-y and such. it can get costly. i do all my own work, and i helped Skipperdaddy with his S/C install, and Skoal Bandits converter install. its not very hard doing any of that, just a lil time consuming.

decide exactly what you want.
start buying parts or a kit for it, then be finished vs having to change back and forth ya know?
I totally understand you man. I have done lots of asking and reading too but, I've always been the type who takes a while to decide to do anything, so this time I've decided on doing this and that's it. Just consider me a guinea pig this time. I'll let you guys know if I like it and this will be a true test, not somebodies opinion of a certain cams specs. Besides I've already bought the parts. If it sucks than we will know for sure.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
yeah trey the truck is fun but your's is hell on wheels imho.

$ierraLY5: if you're ever out and about in gonzales you need to keep an eye out for the Truckshop stickers on the back glass

we need to have a meet that close for all the denham, p'ville, gonzales guys. i think we should hit up a meet at Acadamy or something one day and all go out to Hooters or something
4 sure. I'm in the Lafayette area so yeah not far away.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skipperdaddy
dont know how much boost, havent put a boost gauge yet... but shes holding up good so far, but my tune is still on the safe side, i was told i could squeeze a lil more out of it but im more than happy with my numbers and to know the tune is still safe is fine by mebut as niff stated the torque is INSTANT! but dont let him fool ya, his truck is simply INSANE on the big end and there arent many things from a high speed roll that will keep up with his CC! anyhow we'll all have to meet up one day, always good to meet a fellow gear head!
I'm getting a blower cam and long tube headers. I think I'm getting the supercharger itch now.
TVS 1900, that's the magnacharger right?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

no mines a roush tvs 1900.... but magnacharger makes a tvs 1900 also....
Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by $ierraLY5
I'm getting a blower cam and long tube headers. I think I'm getting the supercharger itch now.
TVS 1900, that's the magnacharger right?
Good Luck bro, will be following your thread.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 PM

im curious to see the results too...but i got a feeling N/A youre going to be unhappy. maybe not since youre thinking of going FI..we'll see though.

after its all said and done make a pass to SCR an ill try and meet you out there with a group of CCSBs...yes Truckshop your gonna have to come too ;p
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Well, I hate to keep you guys waiting but it will be about 2 weeks before the cam and stuff will be installed. I work in Australia and will be home next friday. Then I can install my headers over the week-end if they have arrived at my house by then. Then it's off to TR for the cam install and tune. Lata

Quick Reply: Cheatr V.3 in a LY5