Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Bought the Vmax

Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well we already negotiated the price, but that was on last weekends rebates...they are less now. Im hoping GM adds some incentives for the big shopping this weekend, but I guess if not, we will have to negotiate again?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:00 PM
JB1
TECH Resident

I sure hope it works out for you. I cant believe you couldnt find this truck in Houston. What exactly were you looking for thatmakes this so hard to find...details/colors/options...2007 or 2008.....etc?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

dont the have that red tag sale starting this week or something
Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Red tag is on 07s only. The 6.0 option made it the most difficult. After that probably the LT1 interior. I hate the LTZ, so that was out. I don't really like the console either, but had the right LT2 truck been available, I probably would have bought it.

Ultimately I wanted an LT1 with leather, 6.0, and the LT1 Prefferred Option Package. Lonestar had one on the lot, but it was a burgundy on tan Z71. Not my favorite color combo and I didnt want the Z71 suspension. So I got exactly what I wanted, but with 3xx miles instead of 10. Salesman called at 745p to tell me it was in town. It was storming and late, so I told him first thing Fri morning (come on incentives!!!!) so I could properly inspect it in the daylight.

I went over the purchase order and its by no means a signed contract, basically just an order form for them to go get the truck, so Im assuming I will be renogiating price either way.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverSierra
Red tag is on 07s only. The 6.0 option made it the most difficult. After that probably the LT1 interior. I hate the LTZ, so that was out. I don't really like the console either, but had the right LT2 truck been available, I probably would have bought it.

Ultimately I wanted an LT1 with leather, 6.0, and the LT1 Prefferred Option Package. Lonestar had one on the lot, but it was a burgundy on tan Z71. Not my favorite color combo and I didnt want the Z71 suspension. So I got exactly what I wanted, but with 3xx miles instead of 10. Salesman called at 745p to tell me it was in town. It was storming and late, so I told him first thing Fri morning (come on incentives!!!!) so I could properly inspect it in the daylight.
I see, I bet it was hard to find the LT1 with leather and vmax. I personally dont like the LTZ with the woodgrain either. Thats great that they got it here for you so soon.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Not sure about so soon, it was supposed to be Tuesday afternoon so I could have it for Thanksgiving road trip, turned into Wed night and not getting the truck for road trip
Old 11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Got the truck this morning (dealer received the truck late on Wed night). All went well. Dealer honored the original sales price even though the rebates are less today. Very happy with the purchase.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the truck this morning (dealer received the truck late on Wed night). All went well. Dealer honored the original sales price even though the rebates are less today. Very happy with the purchase.

congrads, what's the full specs, what did you get.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

08 Rado Crew Cab 2wd Vmax. Victory Red, Ebony leather. 1LT with the Convenience package, 6disc, pwr dr seat, EZ tailgate, and Max Trailering.

Allgo....how do you like those Generals? I will be putting 20s on the truck soon and I like the specs on those tires. Im in Houston, so I don't care about snow traction.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

08 Rado Crew Cab 2wd Vmax. Victory Red, Ebony leather. 1LT with the Convenience package, 6disc, pwr dr seat, EZ tailgate, and Max Trailering.

Allgo....how do you like those Generals? I will be putting 20s on the truck soon and I like the specs on those tires. Im in Houston, so I don't care about snow traction.
The generals are as good as anything imho, and you can't beat the price.
some say toyo last better, but they are much more costly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought the Vmax