PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   Baby seat + Reg cab? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/baby-seat-reg-cab-428660/)

Neil 6.0 11-11-2008 02:40 PM

Baby seat + Reg cab?

Any of you guys haulin youngins' around in your reg-cabs? Do you put the baby seat in the middle or pass side?

I don't have any kids, but occassionally haul my brother and his baby girl around. If I get a new reg-cab, I'd prefer to put the seat in the middle and not have to sit right next to my brother.:gay::lol:

nighthawk08 11-11-2008 02:47 PM

honestly i'd probably not recommend the middle seat because it could get hit by the drivers air bag.

the passenger seat should be fine and the airbag should remain off because there wouldn't be enough weight to activate it.

trever1t 11-11-2008 02:49 PM

You will want to check your local laws regarding child seat requirements and placement. For example it is not leagal to have a baby seat in the front in CA. Not sure what the law says about regular cabs, there must be a provision for vehicles with no rear seats.

I used to take my kid and put her in the middle in my '88 chevy rcsb...it didn't have airbags that I recall.

JB1 11-11-2008 02:56 PM

I think it goes in the middle because it has those fastner locations on the back cab wall right behind the center for child seats. I would have to look in my owners manual.

viciousknid 11-11-2008 03:20 PM

I'd put it in the middle and turn the passenger side airbag off with the key.
I know with my 03 you can still over ride it.
Even with a back seat I'd choose the middle in case of a side collision.

Neil 6.0 11-11-2008 03:43 PM

I think NNBS all have the weight sensor seat that can not be disabled.

Oh well, I guess we'll just throw her in the bed and let her crawl around.;)

venomhp 11-11-2008 04:02 PM

I would think the middle would be safer but thats just me, the local laws should state whats allowed and maybe one of the salesman would know which is better

CrashNburn07 11-11-2008 05:27 PM

I put my little boy in the middle with me all the time.

nighthawk08 11-11-2008 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by JB1 (Post 4048377)
I think it goes in the middle because it has those fastner locations on the back cab wall right behind the center for child seats. I would have to look in my owners manual.

the fasteners on the back wall are at both the middle and the passenger seat, i check last time i was in my truck.

chevyspeed3 11-11-2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Neil 6.0 (Post 4048405)
I think NNBS all have the weight sensor seat that can not be disabled.

Oh well, I guess we'll just throw her in the bed and let her crawl around.;)

I believe Std Cabs have the option to shut it off for your case specifically. And it depends on if the child is foward facing or rear facing. I like the latch system and it I am not mistaken there is only latch in the passenger side.

ALso you can't mount a rear facing child in the middle.

In california its illegal only if you have back seat. Therefor std. cab truck you can put in the front