Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

After 35 years I can no longer support GM..

Old 01-25-2017, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Bear
The power increase going from the stock little VVT 5.3L to a small cam 6.2L is as can be expected, amazing. I haven't had in in there long enough to get a real accurate feel for what the mileage is going to be like, as I have been running it pretty hard between getting it tuned and playing with it, but what highway driving I've done, it doesn't seem like it has changed much at all. I would imagine in-town mileage to have dropped a measurable amount with the looser converter, but beings it is only flashing to 2500rpm, even that shouldn't be too bad.
That's a awesome bump in torque and HP for a little truck, that thing will surprise some people.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was general manager at a chevrolet. Covered all bases included service department.

Honestly had so much customers try to burn the dealership with aftermarket mods to the engine, putting the stock parts back on, and trying to warranty their issues.

However, there is defective units, just like any other object that goes through an assembly line. We did try our best to help out the customer. Me, personally, i would not BS the customer, i wouldnt try to fix small little problems, small parts. If something was wrong with an injector, we would service all injectors, rails, all fuel system. I would always replace all, just to avoid having the customer come back, fix it once, was our motto at our shop.

At some point it was more convenient to replace a whole engine instead of ripping it apart.

One time, we offered a customer a brand new vehicle in exchange for the defective.

However, our dealership, was based on word of mouth, due to our location, so we had to do a good job. Especially, with a big farming community, that buys trucks like no other. GM is legit vs its competitors, so far audi/benz/bmw are the next competitors that have good customer service in my opinion, i have a bmw and a benz, and theyve treated me well.

Last edited by 2ToNe04; 01-28-2017 at 12:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Skiman (09-28-2021)
Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

This **** is funny,,,,,GM stands for General Monkeys,,, but easy tonwork on for sure and lots of parts fairly cheap,,,,, hehe found on road dead
Old 02-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

My 2005 Silverado has only 48000miles yep 12 years old,,, But tie rod ends bad,,,I know sits around too much
Old 02-14-2017, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

... and Isuzu Rodeos flip over while sitting still
Old 02-24-2017, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The most hilarious is the brand new Escalades and all the issues people are having with a $90k brand new truck. Rattles, leaking sunroofs, transmission issues. If you want hassle free, zero issues, go Toyota or Honda for a daily driver. If you want fun, and LOOK AT ME factor, then go GM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
The most hilarious is the brand new Escalades and all the issues people are having with a $90k brand new truck. Rattles, leaking sunroofs, transmission issues. If you want hassle free, zero issues, go Toyota or Honda for a daily driver. If you want fun, and LOOK AT ME factor, then go GM.
Unfortunately true. I'd love to keep supporting American Made/Brands but after we bought an Armada for the wife (due to the fold flat 3rd row seats that GM doesn't have), I'm hooked. We're even thinking of getting the newer one when the current one calls it quits.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mean Green z28
Unfortunately true. I'd love to keep supporting American Made/Brands but after we bought an Armada for the wife (due to the fold flat 3rd row seats that GM doesn't have), I'm hooked. We're even thinking of getting the newer one when the current one calls it quits.
Anyone who has the opportunity to purchase a new Japanese car vs a new GM will be shocked at the build quality, ergonomics, and feel/ confidence. I will ALWAYS love my GM's as toys, hell I own 5 of them, but the stress-free feeling I get from my Toyota on a daily basis is PRICELESS. I love knowing my HVAC bulbs aren't going to go out randomly, my blower motor resistor isn't gonna short out, my rear end isn't going to whine, my doors will close properly, my motor won't tick and lose a lifter, my water pump won't leak, and the Toyota will last for 300,000 miles!!! Granted, my 05 RCSB has had none of these problems, but dear God my 99 Tahoe... everything that could go wrong, did lol. Fockin love my Toyota, but anything with an LSX motor is addicting so GM will always get my vote for a toy. I will say this though, the 99-07c Silverado/ Sierra platform is one of the best trucks GM has ever made from a mechanical standpoint. But there's no denying that any GM product will nickle and dime you to death even if it doesn't have a catastrophic failure.

Last edited by lxcoupe; 02-24-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Hmmm... I question that. I owned a 2015 Toyota Tundra for a while along with my Silverado....Was purchased for one of my employees to drive and they quit....The 2015 Silverado I had was a total fail of a truck.... However in actual terms of quality..... the Toyota was not even up to it. The interior of the Tundra was dated, cheap and the seats were ****. The hollow thud when you closed the door made me think I was in a 90's Neon... Power wise it's 5.7 couldn't hold a candle to the 6.2. Now did I have problems with the Toyota? Yep.... and their numpty local dealership was totally useless equipped with some temporary foreign worker that couldn't speak english as a service writer. I could have driven 2.5 hours to the next closest dealer maybe but what a hassle. Did I see the Toyota as light years ahead of the GM truck, my prior Fords, Ram or Nissan Titan? No... Hell beyond the 7" infotainment screen in it my 05 and 04 are more advanced that that Tundra was lol.

Will the Toyota run a long time.... yeah probably..... will it be problem free? No..... lol. Would I buy another one? For the price and what you get as a truck in return.... definitely not.

They are all overpriced ****... once you accept that fact then it's kind of like whatever... Drive whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
Hmmm... I question that. I owned a 2015 Toyota Tundra for a while along with my Silverado....Was purchased for one of my employees to drive and they quit....The 2015 Silverado I had was a total fail of a truck.... However in actual terms of quality..... the Toyota was not even up to it. The interior of the Tundra was dated, cheap and the seats were ****. The hollow thud when you closed the door made me think I was in a 90's Neon... Power wise it's 5.7 couldn't hold a candle to the 6.2. Now did I have problems with the Toyota? Yep.... and their numpty local dealership was totally useless equipped with some temporary foreign worker that couldn't speak english as a service writer. I could have driven 2.5 hours to the next closest dealer maybe but what a hassle. Did I see the Toyota as light years ahead of the GM truck, my prior Fords, Ram or Nissan Titan? No... Hell beyond the 7" infotainment screen in it my 05 and 04 are more advanced that that Tundra was lol.

Will the Toyota run a long time.... yeah probably..... will it be problem free? No..... lol. Would I buy another one? For the price and what you get as a truck in return.... definitely not.

They are all overpriced ****... once you accept that fact then it's kind of like whatever... Drive whatever floats your boat.
The GM trucks are much more neck and neck with the Jap counterparts. It's the passenger vehicles, specifically the FWD stuff, that cannot hold a candle to the refinement and reliability of Toyota, Honda, Nissan, or even Kia.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: After 35 years I can no longer support GM..