Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2012 Silverado - my new Daily

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a 12" tall black powdercoated antenna last night for it. Got the limo tint eyebrow on the windshield yesterday. Still debating painting my stock bowtie black or going with a powdercoated black emblem. Probably do some additional debadging this weekend.

Was looking on ebay last night and really thinking about pulling the trigger on either the Magnaflow Race muffler like I had on my 07--4.8 or I found a gread deal on an aero chamber 3030 that I've been thinking about trying, also found the SLP (corsa clone) exhaust tip. Just not sure about the exhaust right now, as I don't know about the AFM V4 mode. Since I'm not planning on tuning it right away.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L33Z71
HaHa, well guys. Guess I spoke too soon. I waited around most of the evening last night for the truck to arrive, it got stuck in traffic from a multi car fatality accident. Then about 8:30 they finally got me in to sign all the final paperwork, and the bastages tried the ole bait and switch on me. Payments were about $60/month more than we had agreed on just the night before. They were jacking with the money somewhere, but I was soo pissed I didn't hang around long to find out where.

I made damn sure as I was going out that everyone else in that dealership heard how they were trying to screw me and I literally told the business manager that he could take the truck and shove it up his ***.
Must have been Ron Carter!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ordered a 12" tall black powdercoated antenna last night for it. Got the limo tint eyebrow on the windshield yesterday. Still debating painting my stock bowtie black or going with a powdercoated black emblem. Probably do some additional debadging this weekend.

Was looking on ebay last night and really thinking about pulling the trigger on either the Magnaflow Race muffler like I had on my 07--4.8 or I found a gread deal on an aero chamber 3030 that I've been thinking about trying, also found the SLP (corsa clone) exhaust tip. Just not sure about the exhaust right now, as I don't know about the AFM V4 mode. Since I'm not planning on tuning it right away.
I went double 5% on my eyebrow. Love it!!! Id get that Aero Turbine muffler, they sound nice! If not i'll be selling my set-up in about 6months if your interested.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Must have been Ron Carter!
LOL, actually it was Champion Chevrolet but my wife had a run in recently with Ron Carter on a new Cummins. So yeah, I usually steer clear of that place also.

I'm really leaning towards the Aero Turbine, I know no one here has really used them, but there is a guy on youtube with a 2011 5.3 running the 3030 and it sounds bad ***. My big issue is whats it going to sound like with the AFM. Wondering if I should go with the 3030XL to try and clear some of the V4 resonance.

Brutal, whats your setup?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

31/2" hooker aerochamber to y and dualed out the back with 18"long 4" wide flat tips.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Dadgummit, said I was going to hold off on mods for a while but reading this damn site again with the new truck has me bitten by the mod bug. Been searching exhausts and wanting to pull the trigger, but can't decide what muffler. I loved my old Magnaflow Race Series Muffler that was on my 07 4.8 liter, but thats going to be obnoxious with the AFM. I plan on getting a tune and deleting it, but not for a while.

Starting to look at some of the larger cased Round Body Magnaflows like the 6" round x 14" long and 18" long. The Aero Turbine 3030 and 3030XL sound bad ***, but I'm worried its going to be too obnoxious when the AFM kicks into V4 mode too. I will be leaving the stock tailpipe and adding an SLP (corsa clone) dual tip in the stock outlet location behind the rear tire.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Do I need to schedule another "level drop party"?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:46 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dadgummit, said I was going to hold off on mods for a while but reading this damn site again with the new truck has me bitten by the mod bug. Been searching exhausts and wanting to pull the trigger, but can't decide what muffler. I loved my old Magnaflow Race Series Muffler that was on my 07 4.8 liter, but thats going to be obnoxious with the AFM. I plan on getting a tune and deleting it, but not for a while.

Starting to look at some of the larger cased Round Body Magnaflows like the 6" round x 14" long and 18" long. The Aero Turbine 3030 and 3030XL sound bad ***, but I'm worried its going to be too obnoxious when the AFM kicks into V4 mode too. I will be leaving the stock tailpipe and adding an SLP (corsa clone) dual tip in the stock outlet location behind the rear tire.
Haha, yeah. My 2011 was debadged, bowtie painted, MBRP exhaust, different wheels, Line X'ed, and tinted within the first week.... I told myself to leave it stock. I want a tune and AFM delete but I can't justify it voiding the warranty for a couple years at least. Once it's out of warranty game on though, I can't kid myself. Hell, I'm struggling not to mod the truck I'm selling this summer

Happy modding, the exhaust isn't that bad with AFM, I barely notice the pitch change.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Do I need to schedule another "level drop party"?
Lisa, I think this one's going UP^.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
Haha, yeah. My 2011 was debadged, bowtie painted, MBRP exhaust, different wheels, Line X'ed, and tinted within the first week.... I told myself to leave it stock. I want a tune and AFM delete but I can't justify it voiding the warranty for a couple years at least. Once it's out of warranty game on though, I can't kid myself. Hell, I'm struggling not to mod the truck I'm selling this summer

Happy modding, the exhaust isn't that bad with AFM, I barely notice the pitch change.
Yeah, if the weather would ever cooperate, I could get out there to do a little debadging. I've got my eye on the Spray liner, installed my black powercoat shorty antenna last night, waiting on the AFE Pro Dry S air filter and already re-installed my AirAid MIT from my old 07 model. And trying to decide how to do the front bowtie.

Just this exhaust is baffling me. I've watched vids on youtube and it doesn't seem too bad, not like my buddies Hemi with the MDS system which sounds like crap.

i just need to pull the trigger and be done with it.

Quick Reply: 2012 Silverado - my new Daily