PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   2009 2500 hd 6.0 scattered. (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/2009-2500-hd-6-0-scattered-462795/)

01WS6/tamu 05-20-2010 02:27 AM

2009 2500 hd 6.0 scattered.

Motor blew up in my wifes almost new truck tonight on the way home. It has 24K on it and never made a peep one. I was heading down I-37 about 68 mph or so cruise on a/c, radio cranked and it started bogging like a fuel pump,enough so that the cruise tried to accelerate then it shut off. I tried giving it some gas and it was acting exactly like a fuel pump it would run the speed limit for a short time but not accelerate. This was going on only for about a mile and a half, then the oil pressure started to drop shut the a/c and radio off about the time I cut the key off and coasted her over to the shoulder. Double checked the oil level it was still pretty and clean I had just changed it a couple of days ago. (Amsoil, oil and filter which I have used for 15+years and since the truck had 500 miles on it) Looked for oil underneath, none found, oil filter tight. Tried to crank it and labored extremely hard just left it and called for help. We came back about an hour later she cranked faster and started but had the dammdest squeak I've heard come from one in a long time. Gave it a little gas and there was a knock starting to accompany the squeak just shut it down there and we drug it to the dealer it was purchased at and left it in the parking lot. I'll give them a call and the last minutes of it's life and see what they say. No mods at all. Bone damm stock and babied since new. Oh well it happens sometimes things just flat fail.

slowrado293 05-20-2010 04:29 AM

Dang that sucks man, hope it all works out for you Keep us updated on what happens and get dome pics if at all possible.

JAVI05 05-20-2010 07:47 AM

wow.! its all good man. gm will take care of it... sometimes there is bad apples.

Sc00by 05-20-2010 08:03 AM

Sounds like a bad bearing. I have had a friend have a crank bearing go bad in his 95 5.7 a few years ago. He said it ran fine but had no power. His didnt squeek but a bearing will do that if its gone. Could just be a manufacture defect. Keep us informed on what happens.

iamkeniff 05-20-2010 10:08 AM

yeah please let us know what they say...if that ever happens to me im screwed....im too far modded to let the dealer even look at my truck for rearend work anymore:cool: looks like if anything happens it's gonna get a bigger motor/tranny/rear end but then id probably get a divorce and have to sell the truck anyways.:jest:

good luck with the dealer, the ones here are butts. (you can opt to keep your older motor too:secret: sell it to make a lil cash or build it up)

SILVERADO11 05-20-2010 02:40 PM

That really sucks, gm should take care of it for you, try to take some pics and keep us informed on the outcome. Good luck!

schino 05-20-2010 07:43 PM

def sounds like you had no oil pressure or lube to part or all of the motor. i had the same thing happen in a car very low car i had when i hit a water main sticking up and poured the oil out as i pulled on the highway... maybe spun a main and cut off oil supply or a problem with the pump.. hope it works out for you

dlt76028 05-20-2010 07:47 PM

have them drop a 6.2 in there.;)

Mang213 05-20-2010 08:34 PM

shitty news but hopefully it pans out for you

01WS6/tamu 05-20-2010 09:59 PM

Well so far so good. I stopped by this evening after work gm told them to pull it out and do an autopsy. It was out and sitting on the floor they got on it first thing this morning when I called them. Service manager said don't sweat it she'll go out the door with a brand spanking new crate motor they just have to see carnage first. You could not see metal on the dipstick but the drain plug came out it looked like metallic silver paint when they first pulled it out. GM wants the engine back for engineering analysis. I tried to get it; though doesn't look like there will be much worth having out of it short of the heads.