Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

07 tahoe stability and traction control service as well as a few other things

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe stability and traction control service as well as a few other things

07 Tahoe but its worse when I go to give it gas while driving that it feels like the back tires should be slipping but there not turning, it will also randomly surge with power. Now this is the first newer car ive owned and really wanna try and get her running right any help would be awesome. I really don't want to get rid of this rig I love it she is fantastic other than the few problems I've listed below. and I just wanted to say now thank you guys for the help

1. check engine light keeps coming on <I think> due to there bad set up of the afm <hopefully the new vent line will fix>

2. she kind of shifts hard and feels like the transfer case is slipping not sure though

3. service stability track system and traction control system lights are on < when you go to give it gas while driving if its more than quarter throttle then she starts to shake and feels like she should be burning out but no wheel spin just shaking and then will randomly surge forward in power>

4. And the all so awesome lifter tick <but I might just wait till she goes and drop a new motor in her, unless I can fix it >
Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

A scan tool would be your best bet right now. If you have all those lights on the codes should lead you in the right direction. The check engine light should give you a code(s) and the ABS module will tell you where to look for the ABS/Stabilitrak stuff.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

That's right, you need a good scan tool that can read engine, body, brakes/chassis codes.

Once we know what exactly is going on then we can help. It can get expensive guessing and throwing parts at problems. Owning a Tech2 is as important as your wrenches, if not more so when it comes to these trucks.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the check engine light has been coming on and off (after I use a scan tool) then back on I cant remember the code but it was for the evap system a small leak, I can get the code on here tomoorow and give you more info. I do body work so mechanical stuff is all a little foreign to my, but im trying to learn so apologize now if I mess up and say the wrong things.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Autozone has scan tools to read both the abs and check engine lights. Post up the codes and we can help you from there.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evap emissions code is probably P0442. it can be difficult to track a small leak down. It could be something simple like your gas cap. Get you a new cap and clear the code. See if it comes back. If it does, get it smoke tested. Like others have said, pull the codes and then start googling.