Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

***Need Help/Input/Opinions On a Go-Fast Set-Up***

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Need Help/Input/Opinions On a Go-Fast Set-Up***

I have a 07 NNBS and my super futuristic plan is to Front Mount Turbo it. Its a 4.8L and Ive read/heard that the 4.8's respond better to Turbo rather than a S/C. So my plan is to slowly work my way towards the set-up rather than just buying everything at once. My problem is I dont know what will be compatible with my ultimate goal.

For example: I want to get a cam and headers, but IDK which to get or for that matter which one's I have to choose from that would go with my set-up. I know Ill have to take off what ever exhaust I put on now.

If my truck has a 5/7 drop will that work with Cal-Tracs?

I know pretty much all the information I need is littered throughout this forum and I plan on doing alot of reading between now and the time I ACTUALLY put the turbo on.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

How far off is the turbo mod? For now you could get a catback exhaust and torque converter and maybe a shift kit and never have to change any of that..... Just make sure you research what turbo you want and match the stall speed to it so that you only have to do the mod once! Your exhaust will have to be pretty custom and I am not familiar with how the up pipe is integrated into silverado headers for a turbo setup so idk if you could do headers now or not. Hopefully somebody will chime in! In the mean time, if you have money burning a hole in your pocket you can start picking up the bits you will need to run a turbo setup like a waste gate and blow off/recirculating valve. Also start looking for intercooler cores. Intercooler piping will have to be custom made. Good luck man, keep us posted!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Staging Lane

How far off is the turbo mod?
I would say close to a year or tax season of 2013

you can start picking up the bits you will need to run a turbo setup like a waste gate and blow off/recirculating valve
Yep! Thats the plan. That way I have time to research and possibly get some good deals to save a little money. Im definitely not looking to cut any corners, but I know there is good/used parts out there.

I dont know what I want to do about exhaust ATM. I dont wanna spend a pretty penny on something Id have to take off in a year or so. Im leaning towards Magnaflow at the moment. Been listening to sound clips on youtube lol Gotta hear it before you buy it