GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB

Hey everybody,

I have an 03 Sierra rcsb with a belltech 2/4 drop and a belltech c-notch. I don't ever bottom out on the frame with the c-notch, but the tires will rub the fenders if I put any kind of load on the truck whatsoever now. I need some helper bags. Anybody got a link to a kit that will work with the c-notch? The truck used to have bags on it, but the bracket was mounted in the area where the c-notch is now.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you rolled the fender lips?
Old 01-02-2018, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

I just recently put airlift slamair kit on my ss, its not really lowered much but came out alright. I only took one pic, id imagine the way i have them (on rear side of the axle) would be in the way of your notch. You might be able to put them on the front side of the axle instead. If not might need something custom upper bracket wise or i think i rem mcgaughys had a kit might check out, might of been for a flipkit..
Attached Thumbnails What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB-image.jpeg  
Old 01-03-2018, 05:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
Have you rolled the fender lips?
I haven't rolled the fender lips, but it needs to be done. That would help with the tires rubbing for sure. The bags would still help when towing/hauling stuff in the bed though.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skolman91
I just recently put airlift slamair kit on my ss, its not really lowered much but came out alright. I only took one pic, id imagine the way i have them (on rear side of the axle) would be in the way of your notch. You might be able to put them on the front side of the axle instead. If not might need something custom upper bracket wise or i think i rem mcgaughys had a kit might check out, might of been for a flipkit..
Yeah it looks like those would be in the way a little with my notch. The bags that were on my truck were mounted on the front side of the axle and they worked great before I lowered the truck to a full 2/4 drop (it just had 2" in the rear to begin with). Once I dropped it, the top bracket rubbed holes in the bags on both sides because of the angle it was at

I may end up having to just get something fabbed up, but I figured one of the main suspension sources would have something designed already for people with a notch. I have found kits designed for people with flip kits and a notch, but not without a flip kit.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Your main problem is your wheel/tire combo. You shouldn't be rubbing at 4" in the back. I had the McGaughy's notch/helper bag when I had the flip kit on.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
Your main problem is your wheel/tire combo. You shouldn't be rubbing at 4" in the back. I had the McGaughy's notch/helper bag when I had the flip kit on.
I'm running 2015 Sierra wheels and they are just about perfect. They will not rub at all with the fenders rolled. Just barely catches the side of the tire when it's loaded. I just want the bags to help to keep it from squatting so much when loaded.

Here's a couple of pictures to show the wheels and tires that are on the truck
What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB-xnsw6dd.jpg
What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB-mres486.jpg
Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Launching!

Just gonna bump this back up. Anyone, without a flip kit, running bags with a notch?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 133 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a suspicion you are going to have to go with a custom fabbed setup. You could go with the SlaimAir kit like skolman posted above and modify the upper mount to align with the c-notch bolts. Or use the Belltech upper mount and modify the lower bag mount from the slamair kit to align the bag with the Belltech upper. I feel the bag on teh Belltech flip kit set would be too tall even if you modified the lower bracket to work.
A third option is to go completely custom with the upper and lower mounts then select the proper length bag to give the right amount of extension, compression and lift. Firestone, AirLift, Goodyear/Stemco and Torque all make air springs in many sizes for semi cabs that would fit the bill.
Maybe hit up Atomic Fab to see if there is something he can draw up for you since he is in your neck of the woods.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigKID
I have a suspicion you are going to have to go with a custom fabbed setup. You could go with the SlaimAir kit like skolman posted above and modify the upper mount to align with the c-notch bolts. Or use the Belltech upper mount and modify the lower bag mount from the slamair kit to align the bag with the Belltech upper. I feel the bag on teh Belltech flip kit set would be too tall even if you modified the lower bracket to work.
A third option is to go completely custom with the upper and lower mounts then select the proper length bag to give the right amount of extension, compression and lift. Firestone, AirLift, Goodyear/Stemco and Torque all make air springs in many sizes for semi cabs that would fit the bill.
Maybe hit up Atomic Fab to see if there is something he can draw up for you since he is in your neck of the woods.
Sounds good. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a kit out there somewhere that I was missing.

Quick Reply: What Helper Bags Will Work with Belltech C-Notch? 03 RCSB