Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Titan rear window on Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Croft2535

what switch are you running and where’d you order it from? Thanks!
Off topic, but you got pics of that truck in your avatar?
Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaze_v8
Off topic, but you got pics of that truck in your avatar?
i don’t want to overload this form with pics of it lol but you can follow me on Instagram if you want gevin2535
Old 09-28-2018, 06:21 PM

Finally got my window installed, did anyone come up with another switch? I’m not much of a fan of the one from amazon
Old 09-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Croft2535

Finally got my window installed, did anyone come up with another switch? I’m not much of a fan of the one from amazon
I’ve been working on a way to integrate the switch into the sunroof switch on some models. So it’ll be a factory console overhead that operates the window
Old 09-28-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by retrainh

I’ve been working on a way to integrate the switch into the sunroof switch on some models. So it’ll be a factory console overhead that operates the window
if you could let me know what you figure out. Mines the Denali so I have the overhead switches
Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Ive been wanting to get ahold of the factory NNBS overhead window switch and see how i can integrate it.
Im also trying to design some sort of drain, a lot of the guys down here are making sheet metal covers and ****.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guess075
I had to make a drain for mine it leaked there as well. Let the water drip down and into the pan drilled 2 holes in cab and water drains out. Only way I could stop mine.
I dont know if this will help anyone out or not but loctite makes polyurethane in a caulk tube. Its sold at lowes. Its marketed for roof flashing and windows . when i bought my truck the rear vents were leaking water so i took them off and resealed them with this stuff and it works great! I have also uses it to repair dock floats its really tough and weatherproof.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Little brother totalled my crewcab in October so now were building this 03 Sierra single cab
Old 12-12-2018, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

I built a badass cover and drain for my window.

Inside i made two drain holes with a piece of 1/4" pvc and then drain lines coming down.
I prepped my area and i sprayed the can bedliner and siliconed around the drain holes.

Then as you can see i made my sheet metal pan, but had to cut several times around the edges to mold on the back wall as close as possible and then i siliconed. I dont have access to a welder so i made all this without a welding machine.

If you pay attention i also made the holes for the motor and bought bolts at home depot and had the motor sit as high and level as possible.
Then for the window frame i made the two bolts up top and down bottom. That helped pull the frame away from the window when sliding up and down.

The metal pan is around 3.5" off the rear wall, and that gave perfect clearance for my seats to still fold up. If you see i only trimmed a small tab on the seat bracket, that bolted to the very rear wall.

Hope this helps, i stressed about it for months, and this was an easy solution. I designed several times, and i ended up just really dumbing down my other two designs, and this has held up for a couple months now, and houston tends to rain a lot. Also the height was around 38" i think, and you cant even see the sheet metal once the seats were installed.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:57 PM

Default Rear window installation

Originally Posted by slw6oh

my crooked switch lol

as far as the gasket i'm not sure what it's from i haven't made it back to the shop that installed it still waiting on a buddy to get his window so we can head back there but i will find out and let everyone know asap
will this fit on my 2000 gm sierra?

Quick Reply: Titan rear window on Silverado