Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Supercharger advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharger advice

Hey all, new to the forum and looking for help on adding a supercharger to my 01 Silverado. Came here on advice from the 1947 forum. I have read lots of articles and searched the web but I am looking for unbiased advise from guys that have run similar set ups. My truck is a stock internal'd 5.3, has 150k miles on it and I have had it since 40k. All the bolt on performance mods and tuner already on the truck. Its not a daily, mostly used on the weekends or for road trips. I have a company truck for during the week. I am thinking my best bet is a Magnuson if I can find one, I'm not looking for crazy boost just some more smiles. I was going to buy a new truck but instead decided to do a bunch of exterior mods with new paint, all new suspension, interior, exhaust, brakes etc. I thought about a new motor and tranny as well but what I have is in fantastic shape with zero problems.
What should I look at picking up if anything and what problems would be foreseen?
Old 12-29-2017, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

put a new transmission on that list, and a nice post unit
Old 12-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Check out our Superchargers. We are finishing up revising our 99-06 silverado kit. We are expecting it to be under $3,000 retail. With a limited lifetime warranty.

TorqStorm Superchargers
Attached Thumbnails Supercharger advice-camaroenginebayresize-2-.jpg  
Old 12-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by terravast4
put a new transmission on that list, and a nice post unit
Yeah it was a thought, stock tranny has been issue free so far though.

Originally Posted by Torqstorm
Check out our Superchargers. We are finishing up revising our 99-06 silverado kit. We are expecting it to be under $3,000 retail. With a limited lifetime warranty.

TorqStorm Superchargers
What all do your kits come with and what kind of gains are you getting on the 5.3?
The following users liked this post:
Chubbs878 (01-01-2018)
Old 12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

We sell them as tuner kits. Allowing the customer to choose which they direction they want to on their build. We can assist in which parts you need. If you look on our site you can see a list and pics. On a stock 5.3 you can make an additional 150hp+ all depends what other supportive mods you do.

Torqstorm
Old 12-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Teching In

We sell them as tuner kits. Allowing the customer to choose which they direction they want to on their build. We can assist in which parts you need. If you look on our site you can see a list and pics. On a stock 5.3 you can make an additional 150hp+ all depends what other supportive mods you do.

Torqstorm
I was just checking your site out. I see the black kit is running $3750, Can these be set up with a inter cooler?
Old 12-29-2017, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor

We are changing up the silverado kit. It will be a little less than that and be a better kit. We don't make intercoolers. But you most certainly can run one and we suggest you do. There are several different options out there for diy kits. We have used Treadstone intercoolers on many applications with great results.

Torqstorm
Old 12-29-2017, 02:30 PM
Teching In

We are changing up the silverado kit. It will be a little less than that and be a better kit. We don't make intercoolers. But you most certainly can run one and we suggest you do. There are several different options out there for diy kits. We have used Treadstone intercoolers on many applications with great results.

Torqstorm
Okay I'm very interested, gonna start doing some research on you guys. When are you expecting the newer kits to be ready?
Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

TorqStorm Superchargers
Okay...the suspense is killing me on this kit. Any idea when it will be ready to go? Going to drop one on my beast.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Torqstorm
Would the head unit be able to feed a 6.0L?

Quick Reply: Supercharger advice