Old 08-05-2018, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

pics please....
Old 08-05-2018, 05:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
Don’t quote me, but I want to say that the 07-13? seats are a direct swap. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure a few people have swapped them into the GMT800
That's what I have read too, but I swear every time I read about it, they say the newer seats are less comfortable.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I just bought all new cushions/foam and got katskin leather covers.
Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
I’m listening.................. tell us more. Happen to have any pics
Yes, I'm also interested in this.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not installed them in mine yet but I just got these in for my NBS 99 Sierra... I've started a thread on the work I'm doing at another site but not sure if its appropriate to post a link to there.

Anyways I've sat in the newer seats but I just think they are not as comfortable. So I pulled the trigger on Katzkin with perforated chocolate suede inserts and chocolate contrast stitching. Then ordered an extra yard of the suede to the the inset part on the door panels and the perimeter of the ceiling console. Katzkin by default includes some vinyl that matches the leather for the door panel insets that but I wanted suede to also tie in the color and its nicer. Also got a new burlwood wheel to replace the blackwood one I have to also tied things in.

I'm going all in since I've had this truck since 2002. Deadening the entire interior, pulled and cleaned the carpet (looks like new! ), finally replacing the crappy 4x6 rear speakers with some Polk plates, going to pull the headliner and redo it in suede, update my head unit to a newer one, adding an OEM microphone to the headliner from a newer Silverado (always hated the cheesy aftermarket one hanging out), also got a pair of the deluxe lighted dual mirror visors to swap the original basic ones, bunch more crap. lol Oh and I did get a new bottom cushion for just the drivers seat. I have stock leather and just that one is pretty much trashed on the bolster from being split open for a few years.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Please tell me that's an in progress pic and not final product
Old 08-10-2018, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adriver
That's what I have read too, but I swear every time I read about it, they say the newer seats are less comfortable.
In my opinion, they are less comfortable. I own both and I like the leather seats in my '04 SSS much better than my NNBS Denali. The 14+ seats are a different story though, those are much nicer but I do not know what's involved in that swap. I remember seeing a guy on GMFS talking about it but I don't know where it ended up.

Originally Posted by arthursc2
vvvvv
Originally Posted by MixManSC
I have not installed them in mine yet but I just got these in for my NBS 99 Sierra...
Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I just bought all new cushions/foam and got katskin leather covers.
Were the new cushions/foam to stock specs or did you add any side support or ribs or anything? +1 for pics
Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

I’ve owned quite a few of the trucks over time, and I must say my 11’ Sierra seats were “meh” so so, my 17’ Sierra Denali seats are for the birds and my 01’ had the Leather seats with dual armrests and side bolsters. They were very nice compared to the others. My 02’ has cloth seats with the leg support that moves the bottom of the seat up/down. For a manual seat it is quite nice. I would look into Recaro seats or something of the sort

Last edited by MrHorsepowerLSx; 08-10-2018 at 11:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AMS13 (10-26-2022)
Old 08-10-2018, 10:59 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I installed katkinz covers on my 04 and they were super nice. Pretty sure the picture above is them just laying there, not installed.

The 07+ seats and the 99-06 are not bolt up, especially the passenger side. The mounting on the floor is different, along with the seat belt thing.

If you decide you want an aftermarket race type seat you can bolt just about anything to my seat brackets.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Lol - yes they are just laying on top of the seat in that pic just to get an idea of the look. When installed Katzkin covers fits perfect just like the original factory leather. They are not slip over covers, you have to fully remove the original covers to install Katzkin leathers. They attached exactly like the original factory ones.

This is the bottom cushion I bought - https://www.ebay.com/itm/332400562487

Got my new wheel in - matches the new seat leathers nice!

Old 08-10-2018, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Where did you get your new wheel from?

Last edited by MrHorsepowerLSx; 08-10-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: seat swap