PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   I have a hole in the side of my block (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/i-have-hole-side-my-block-314498/)

redaddiction 04-30-2005 11:04 AM

I have a hole in the side of my block

Well after popping what I thought was just a headgasket after a bad tune I got my truck back together last night. I was really excited to get it together and drove it a few miles to the exhaust shop but it seemed really low on power. The exhaust shop called me and told me they found a beer can sized hole in the side of my block.

I am really bummed at this point over this. I was really hoping to have my truck back on the road but that is a no go. So at this point I am sick of messing with this so I am in the need of a good shop to build me a new motor and install and tune it. I have been recommended to HPP which use to be Speedworks by LG motorsports but am open to other recommmendations. I am looking at going to a 408 this time around.

I will get pics of the damage soon and the tuner will remain unnamed.

onyx 04-30-2005 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by redaddiction
The exhaust shop called me and told me they found a beer in the side of my block.

SWEET!.. BEER!...

naw, but seriously. that sucks dude.

greentahoe 04-30-2005 12:00 PM

That sucks man. I may not be a whiz tuner, but I'll do as much as I can myself and when I am in need of base tune, I'll log as much time a possible before I leave. Ive heard too many horror stories like yours. Im sorry man. That 408 will be nasty though!! ;)

desTRUCKtive 04-30-2005 12:26 PM

hole=408 and 408= :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

KySilverado 04-30-2005 12:27 PM

I'm wondering how you get a beer can sized hole in the side of a block without a rod putting it there? What did it?

redaddiction 04-30-2005 01:01 PM

Ok boys I am leaving right now to drop my truck off at Keith Craft so they can start working on a 408 for me.

joesilver01 04-30-2005 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I'm wondering how you get a beer can sized hole in the side of a block without a rod putting it there? What did it?

Wondering same thing???

parish8 04-30-2005 01:16 PM

i would like to know too. i would think if you had a hole in the block you would have some parts rateling around in there.

BigTex 04-30-2005 03:28 PM

I've got a ARE built 423 stroker motor for sale. Too bad you already went to KC. I'd deliver.

redaddiction 04-30-2005 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigTex
I've got a ARE built 423 stroker motor for sale. Too bad you already went to KC. I'd deliver.

You have a pm.

Well after driving all the way to Keith Craft we had a little miscommunication and I ended up going to 21st Century.

I have no idea how the hole got so big but I sure did drive it with that big ass hole for like 5 miles :jest: .