Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Is a hot wire kit necessary for one walbro 450 02 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHorsepowerLSx
Hose HAS to be submersible!! If you use “ soft hose” as mentioned the outer shell of the rubber will deteriorate quick as hell inside the fuel tank. Those types of hoses have a special inner lining and a plain rubber on the outside. It can withstand normal elements but it wouldn’t survive inside your tank. The gates hose that Atomic mention is a cheap $20 piece of mind and it comes in a foot per package. Most parts stores don’t carry it and needs to be ordered online. I have been using that hose for years as my Go to hose for doing fuel systems. Never had any issues with it. And did you zip tie the hose to the barb ?! It’s better practice to use fuel injection hose clamps as they are smooth in construction as opposed to standard worm gear clamps which tend to cut the hose and not seal in a “perfect” circle as the fuel injection hose clamps
I used the hose clamps that came with the walbro install kit but it sounds like I need that other type you squeeze with dykes the smooth ones.I went ahead and ordered the hose i don't want any problems with this.Do u have any reccomendations for the hot wire kit are they universal?
Old 11-20-2017, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Do not run rubber hose, even the submersible stuff.

Run nylon tube and oetiker clamps.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Do not run rubber hose, even the submersible stuff.

Run nylon tube and oetiker clamps.
^^ also great to use. Better then rubber for sure. But if you already ordered the rubber stuff you’ll be fine using it

As for the Hotwire kit, they sell it in accordance to what type plug is on the sending unit, either a stacked gray/black plug or a white four flat....... the four flat is the better of the plugs to have.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Launching!

This what I was talking about got it off a 2015 Chevy cruize flood car
Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Launching!

^^ also great to use. Better then rubber for sure. But if you already ordered the rubber stuff you’ll be fine using it

As for the Hotwire kit, they sell it in accordance to what type plug is on the sending unit, either a stacked gray/black plug or a white four flat....... the four flat is the better of the plugs to have.
ok awesome good info thanks again that's the one I have the white plug
Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Launching!

^^ also great to use. Better then rubber for sure. But if you already ordered the rubber stuff you’ll be fine using it<br /><br />As for the Hotwire kit, they sell it in accordance to what type plug is on the sending unit, either a stacked gray/black plug or a white four flat....... the four flat is the better of the plugs to have.
<br />ok awesome good info thanks again that's the one I have the white plug
Old 11-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Update got the right hose on there just in time because the other hose was just about to split also I couldn't find the special clamps so used fuel injection hose

Old 11-26-2017, 05:29 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

If thats not to the R10 spec and like $20/ft you are going to be in the same spot in about 2 days.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
If thats not to the R10 spec and like $20/ft you are going to be in the same spot in about 2 days.
Yea that better be the right hose lol I paid 30 bucks for 1 foot hose from orilleys canceled my Amazon order didntbwant to wait gates submergable fuel line hose
Old 11-27-2017, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

double check it! i had the guy at the parts store charge me for the right hose and give me the wrong one about 3 weeks later truck started acting funny after a few days of checking ever thing else i dropped the tank and found the hose split, didnt think problem was in the tank since i just replaced every thing in there