PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   dyno report. I need a bigger turbo. (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/dyno-report-i-need-bigger-turbo-347590/)

parish8 08-28-2005 05:10 AM

dyno report. I need a bigger turbo.

:) :) :) :) :) blame kyle, he told me to wait on the numbers for the video to be ready :)

what a great night, everything went well. everything worked. it is 5am and i am tired. kyle got lots of great shots, geek did some mega tuning. the comotorsports motor had ran great and so did the finishlinetransmisson tranny. the waste gate worked well and so did the boost controler.

everytime we touched the boost knob the power went up 50+hp. we were seeing about 30hp per lb of boost. we turned it up till it wouldn't go up any more. i think the turbo is maxed. first trip to the dyno and we maxed the turbo :) we took race fuel with but IT NEVER SHOWED ANY KNOCK so the numbers are on pump gas with meth.

thanks scott(geek) and thanks kyle, now hurry up with that video, people are waiting.

other good info.

the nittos hook much better than the stock tires. i tried it in 2wd and they hook prety good then. i dont see some 1.5's being a problem. maybe some 1.4's if i am not afraid to break a diff.

roll bar is a little squeeky in places but it drives prety nice. not in the way at all.

the AFR heads bolted right on with no issues at all.

remember, blame kyle :devil: , time for bed.

1320Video 08-28-2005 05:16 AM

Don't blame Kyle, BLAME CANADA!

Good night... Got some video pulled off the camera, tomorrow's gonna be a long day!

WaitinToDrag 08-28-2005 06:29 AM

cant wait to see!

04sierra 08-28-2005 08:57 AM

Can't wait!!! The suspense is killing me. Parish, what did you end up doing with your seats, I know in the other post you said they were interfering with the rollbar?

BigBlockChev572 08-28-2005 09:01 AM

Maxed the turbo already!? :devil: Hurry up with the vid!
Philip S.

tmod 08-28-2005 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 1320Video
Don't blame Kyle, BLAME CANADA!

Hey! :boiling:

Sounds promising... :secret:
We need some video ASAP! :judge:

bud8fan 08-28-2005 10:14 AM

man...im glad i went to bed at 3 am...was waiting for the results also.. :secret2:

SBChevrolet 08-28-2005 10:23 AM

I cant wait to see it... it looks awsome with the new wheels and aparently is running better then ever I know this is the wrong post but ever think about painting the roll bar to match the truck? might be a LITTLE less noticable hah

BooBsRGR8 08-28-2005 10:53 AM

I did a little :secret2: and found out the numbers and OMFG.....but I wont spill the beans. :devil:

GenofiveO 08-28-2005 11:12 AM

Jim that was a Blast last night at the dyno :hump:

But I had even more fun riding along durring the Race with the 10second shoe box! For all of you that want to know what its like to ride in that thing! your out of luck I cant explain it! Its crazy when that second stage of boost kicks in :devil: .

Oh and he smoked the 10.0 shoe box word is that car runs 10.0s all day long! It was on race gas and like a 400shot :suspiciou
And jim was only on 16psi :)