PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   Cleaning fuel rails and injectors (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/cleaning-fuel-rails-injectors-354273/)

Blackdog76 12-09-2005 01:42 AM

Cleaning fuel rails and injectors

I an swapping the intake on the 6.0L and since I have the injectors and rails off I was wondering what I could clean the rails and injectors with before I put them back on the motor. They have been sitting for a little while and I just want to make sure that there's no varnish or water in them. Any areosol cleaner that is safe to use?

99Silver6.0 12-09-2005 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Blackdog76
I an swapping the intake on the 6.0L and since I have the injectors and rails off I was wondering what I could clean the rails and injectors with before I put them back on the motor. They have been sitting for a little while and I just want to make sure that there's no varnish or water in them. Any areosol cleaner that is safe to use?

Not much you can do for the injectors unless you send them off to be cleaned IMO. Otherwise leave them alone. You plug up the pintle holes and your screwed. Now you can flush the rails just fine. But the only proper way to clean the injectors is to have them put on a machine and fluid is forced through them in both directions. Now once the injectors are on the truck you can run some cleaner, SeaFoam or the like.

02sierraz71_5.3 12-09-2005 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blackdog76

GM makes a great top engine cleaner you can get it at any dealership for about 12 bucks. Its easier to just run it with a full tank of gas, the stuff is very strong so make sure the tank is full.

shandy294 12-15-2005 05:03 PM

BG 44K is supposed to be good.

negativeswitches 12-15-2005 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
GM makes a great top engine cleaner you can get it at any dealership for about 12 bucks. Its easier to just run it with a full tank of gas, the stuff is very strong so make sure the tank is full.

is that the stuff that you connect you fuel line to?

or the stuff you put in the tank?

hog 12-17-2005 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by negativeswitches
is that the stuff that you connect you fuel line to?

or the stuff you put in the tank?

Mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with gasoline, disable fuel pump, apply thru test port at 60 psi, let truck run off of the TEC and gas mix for 15 minutes while revving the engine.

there is a pressurized can that has injector cleaner in it allready, it coes with a hose and fitting also I beleive, I think its made by Kleenflo.

That GM TEC stuff is really agressive, i wouldnt put it in my tank personaly.

peace
Hog

negativeswitches 12-19-2005 10:13 PM

you know where to buy either one of those at? i'm developing extremely shitty gas mileage and i think it could be injector related...

wanna try this before i wase alot of money on flowtesting.

-erik

negativeswitches 12-22-2005 09:59 PM

anyone?

02sierraz71_5.3 12-22-2005 11:37 PM

just get the top engine cleaner works very well with a full tank comes in a blueish bottle should be around 12 bucks dump it in with a full tank of gas it will clean all of it.

The stuff that hog is talking about works very well its just you have to have a pressurized system to use it, dont put that in the gas tank.