PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   Catch can options (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/catch-can-options-547145/)

dantheman1540 12-17-2016 04:04 PM

Catch can options

Since I have my suspension sorted out now I want to start preparing for a entry level turbo kit. One thing I know I will need is a catch can. Since I have an 05 with the poorly designed drive side valve cover I figured it would be a benefit even before boost.

I would like a clean looking kit I don't want shiney aluminum or anything like that. I really like the look of the Trick catch can but it seems a little expensive.

What cans do you guys use? What do you like and dislike about them?

Any other small mods I can do while I save for a turbo!

01SilveradoJakee 12-17-2016 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dantheman1540 (Post 5391537)
Since I have my suspension sorted out now I want to start preparing for a entry level turbo kit. One thing I know I will need is a catch can. Since I have an 05 with the poorly designed drive side valve cover I figured it would be a benefit even before boost.

I would like a clean looking kit I don't want shiney aluminum or anything like that. I really like the look of the Trick catch can but it seems a little expensive.

What cans do you guys use? What do you like and dislike about them?

Any other small mods I can do while I save for a turbo!

Look at Speed Engineering catch can! Its takes the place of where the egr sat on the truck/if i didnt come with one the holes will line up still! Its only like 60 bucks and comes black.

01SilveradoJakee 12-17-2016 09:13 PM

Speed Engineering LS Engine Oil Catch Can LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6

dantheman1540 12-17-2016 09:49 PM

Whoa that is nice and almost a third the price. I might order that first thing in the morning!

Thanks!

Bluecollar Hotrods 12-18-2016 09:23 AM

I am running a Mike Norris $99 deal, I ran the same one on both of my F-body cars. Easy to mount, simple design. Mine is black andonized, almost blends in with the rest of the engine bay.

Bluchevypick 12-19-2016 12:01 PM

Might Mouse Solutions FTW

S14serge 12-22-2016 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 01SilveradoJakee (Post 5391553)

What a badass catch can from Speed Engineering! I'm going to have to order this once I finally get headers for my 01 Stepside!

dantheman1540 12-22-2016 11:32 AM

All options look really good but without knowing anything about them I'm considering the cheapest option the Speed engineering square looking one.

Does anyone have any good comparison information?

I happen to have some bussiness up in Wichita Falls in 2 weeks so I will be stoping by Trick performance to check out their turbo kits and very possibly picking up his catch can system. I like buying things I can touch first.

iamkeniff 12-25-2016 01:35 AM

That catch can looks like the ebay specials for 40-50. Yet, the ebay one is empty...are those empty too:hmmm:

Bluecollar Hotrods 12-25-2016 08:33 AM

Just picked up one of the speed engineering catch cans for my father's Sierra. 2000 truck, newer 5.3 in it. Has oil consumption issues despite being low mileage. (Stupid 05'+ valve cover)

Does anyone know which port goes where? It has two ports side by side on the top. One my truck I have one going to the intake and the other going to the driver's side valve cover.