Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Bang for the buck engine upgrades - '03 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (LQ4 / 4L80e)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

FFDP ive had a lot of widebands pretty much most of the major brands there a pain if not mounted right over time give a bad reading and you wont know unless you check them, i always have a spare wideband around and once or twice a year i'll check them and either re-calibrate the sensor or replace it depending on how many miles i put on the car/truck

Speed Engineering should know better, it being right in the middle with all that wire just hanging like that nothing protecting it i dont like it one bit

id prefer it mounted on the out side in the area i circled be out of the way and you wont have all that wire out in the open

Last edited by stroker87; 12-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of over on the right, wouldn't it make more sense to put it further downstream on the X pipe (on the left in that photo) so as to capture both banks?
Old 12-06-2017, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

you can put it where ever you want really, i was always told when your running a single wideband in a N/A engine it should be installed in bank 1 in the header collector or as close as you can mount it to the collector for best accurate reading, further away is less accurate but honestly don't know how much less accurate it really is? plus if you have ANY LEAKS between where you mount the o2 and the collector it will give false readings
Old 12-17-2017, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man, not sure if this has been suggested or not didn't read all the way through but I've got a few engines and just robbed some parts off one to get another moving.. that being a LQ9 so almost same rig you have. It's got 243 heads w comp beehives, .041 Cometic head gaskets, NNBS/TBSS intake w/87 mill TB, 36flex fuel injectors, Texas speed pushrods, Texas speed 224/228 .600 .600 cam, intake, eBay shorty headers cat back is stock (for now) only thing I bought new was cam, pushrods, head gaskets.. rest all used. It's in my 04 suburban with 34" tires and a 5" lift. (And tune) It boogies! Nothing super expensive and well worth the money! Runs awesome. Smoked a Silverado the other day, twice second time he was behind when I let off then he thought he could drop the hammer and get by lol NOT! Taking it easy as we speak until I can swap the 60e out with the 80e sitting on my garage floor. I'm very happy with the torque it puts out. I also run only E85 as that's what I've got it tuned for. I think with those mods you would be very happy. Next is a Detroit TrueTrack then I'll be satisfied. Would love some 4.11's or 4.56' s but I don't need to be smoking the tires on this one not to mention that wouldn't help with the 12mpg I get on a good day going down hill
Old 05-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So to prevent this thread from being archived or anything, dropping a quick update in here which is to say I don't have much of an update... Truck has been running mostly fine, although periodically throwing a CEL indicating P0103 - Mass or Volume Air flow - Circuit High Input - and then also a P2135 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B/ Voltage Correlation.

My base suspicion is it's related to the X-Link adapter I picked up off of here (used) to convert to the newer TB - the wiring underneath it seems loose, and if I wiggle said wiring and then clear the code the truck runs fine for a while.

I've been so damn busy I haven't had a chance to deal with that though, much less even just add the pins on the wideband I need to pull an analog signal and do proper logging. Hoping to find some time soon, also now trying to get what was formerly my dad's, but is now my, '77 C25 Camper Special with a 454 running again.