PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   07 nbs work truck (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/07-nbs-work-truck-386144/)

mcfarlnd 02-18-2007 09:55 PM

07 nbs work truck

well i ordered a nbs rcsb w/t without the chrome package (300.00). has anybody seen the front end???? it is ugly as shit :cry:. i went to take care of my paperwork at the dealer and saw one. it is absolutley terrible. i told them that before i buy the truck they have to color match all of it. :judge: i would show pics but i think theres a reason for it not being on the gm site.

SBTork 02-18-2007 10:19 PM

yeah, the new nbs w/t front end is very ugly, just tell them to upgrade the front end to a LTZ with the colormatched end caps and front bumper, then you could get a GM accessories body color/chrome insert grille and be good to go.

beastmode 02-19-2007 05:15 AM

hey least your gettin everything colormatched... i wish that was an option more than all the chrome that they put on them some times

mcfarlnd 02-19-2007 07:21 AM

its not really an option, its going to be a custom thing i guess. all i know is i dont want it to look like it does. with the truck being white, that sh*t really sticks out. and i agree with beastmode, i miss when gmc color matched the grille in 94-98.

Neil 6.0 02-19-2007 09:28 AM

The only thing uglier is the new HD trucks with W/T package. Saw a white one at the dealer yesterday and :barf:

fake_usa 02-19-2007 11:49 AM

yup saw a white w/t on saturday night.. front end looks very cheap and shitty.

Snake Eater 02-19-2007 01:26 PM

So is the dealer painting it for free? I had a dealer paint something for me one time and they SUCKED at painting plastic. It takes alot of cleaner to get all the wax shit out of it, and then a good rough up. I did better with spray cans then there paint guy.

mcfarlnd 02-20-2007 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
So is the dealer painting it for free? I had a dealer paint something for me one time and they SUCKED at painting plastic. It takes alot of cleaner to get all the wax shit out of it, and then a good rough up. I did better with spray cans then there paint guy.

no, im probably going to pay for it to make sure its done right. that way if it chips they fix it. you know me, im pickey and if it looks like crap im not going to take it. :judge:

beastmode 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
you know me, im pickey and if it looks like crap im not going to take it. :judge:

give em hell to :jest:

zippy 02-20-2007 12:06 PM

I just walked out back and looked at one we got in that I'd ordered. I agree that the front is ugly, but it actually came out good for me. I'll do a conversion on it like the others with color matching grill and paint the front bumper (since it's not chrome). It just leaves room to be improved is all.

Did you get the 5.3L and 3.73's? :devil: