GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

NNBS Gauge Pod for Cubby Hole - 3D Print

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default NNBS Gauge Pod for Cubby Hole - 3D Print

Www.etsy.com/shop/TB3DDESIGN

11/23/19 ... after a brief hiatus, I am back! May have figured out all the problems and ready to produce again.

Also look Etsy store for my NBS AC Vent pods!

Originally Posted by Mean Green z28
Here's the latest version and what I think I'll offer Primarily; unless someone asks for a certain design specifically.

Attachment 152382

Its partially recessed while also being tilted up towards the driver. This design I think looks much better while also reduces glare on the gauge face from the back window as it's not as extreme of an issue angle/tilt.
Update2:

Originally Posted by Mean Green z28
Now I offer options for both sides of the console. The left pod requires a bit of ingenuity by the customer to either use a few screws or glue it in ( it fits snug).

Attachment 152434
"Shipped" pricing:

$35 for Right Pod
$30 for Left Pod

Save $8 on shipping on a set

*****Everything below is OBSOLETE*****
Unless someone really wants to custom order one of the below pods for a specific reason, the standard pod is the one above.

Edit 12/24/2018: I will be offering 3 versions of the gauge pod ... angled/flush/recessed: $35 ea. shipped anywhere in the big ol' USA through USPS Priority. Can combine shipping for multiple orders.

I'm offering a limited quantity of these guage pods to fit in place of the little cubby hole that seems to collect trash; or just drops anything you put in there on hard launch.. Fits/snaps in like an OEM part and is totally reversible. Holds a standard 52mm/2-1/8" gauge and is angled towards driver.

I originally did this as a personal project. You can find the thread in the Performance Trucks Page on FaceBook where I first posted. FIrst preference is to those who convinced me to produce these for me.

Full Disclosure:

Each of these pods takes approximately 8 hrs to produce, between setup, print, and cleanup of support structure/etc. The parts are NOT show ready, they are typical for a 3D printed part (see pics) with the layers visible. I do not have a sophisticated/Pro printer and that's as best as I could get to balance time/quality for now. Maybe if there is enough demand, I will buy a better printer for it, but that is to be seen. These parts can be filled/sanded/painted to look OEM or left as is ... and you can talk about 3D printing with friends, lol

I have tested a version on my own truck, it fits like OEM; just pop your old cubby panel off and pop this in. The version in the pics is a 20°/15° but I have played with the design and got it up to 25° angled towards driver and 20° tilted up. This should give the best balance of space behind the dash and driver visibility.

I'm asking $35 shipped to anywhere in USA. It's too big for the small Priority mail box, so I have to go with the bigger box.

I will not ask for payment until each part is ready or in print, and will go down a list and update.

Also, If you want something printed on the blank space below the gauge bore, PM me and we can run through what's possible. I've played about with letters and holes for switches etc.

Last edited by Mean Green z28; 01-24-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

That is pretty damn slick, I like the look of that and the way it faces the driver.

It's way better than the $10 idea I made a write up about. I bet you'll get several people wanting something like that.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you make one for the 2003-2006 trucks?
Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

pretty cool and priced good i think

id buy one if i had a nnbs
Old 12-16-2018, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Got 2 orders ready to go out tomorrow!
Literally have to run one print overnight, and one print during the day.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

Can u make one for my 01 to go where the aibag switch is im willing to send you the plastic part for measurement if u can tell me im veey interested
Old 12-16-2018, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jutsumguy
Can u make one for my 01 to go where the aibag switch is im willing to send you the plastic part for measurement if u can tell me im veey interested
there's already many options for that...
http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7
Old 12-16-2018, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Another one.

TTS Power Systems
Old 12-17-2018, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Or do like I did and drill a small hole in the OEM cubby and shove the stud from my AEM WB in it.

It's recessed and angled toward the driver.

I've looked at TT Power and cubbycam but I can't justify the cost.

Edit:

I dig the 3D printer version for NNBS's. Nice work.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FFDP
Another one.

TTS Power Systems
That's for the older trucks though. Like I said, had I found an option out there, I'd have got it. Nobody really made one for the NNBS, hence my personal quest to create one for myself ... and now to spread that to the trucking community for a very reasonable cost.

Quick Reply: NNBS Gauge Pod for Cubby Hole - 3D Print