PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   What would you do to a '03 Escalade ESV? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/what-would-you-do-03-escalade-esv-414807/)

SUX2BU 03-27-2008 11:54 AM

What would you do to a '03 Escalade ESV?

Sold the Trans Am last week, so now i have to have something to mod and the Escalade is just sittin there lookin all pretty and COMPLETLY stock. It's the long ESV one so it has AWD and the 6.0L motor. So far my ideas are as follows:
05' fans (since it already has the 34" radiator, plus i stuff to look OEM)
Powerbond pulley
Outlaw cold air intake (Do they sell one for the 05' with out the dent for the stock fan shroud?)
Pacesetter long tubes and Y pipe (originally wanted to do true duals with like four big ass Mangnaflows to keep sound down but was afraid that might still be to loud, I want a stockish level of quietness, How restrictive is the stock 6.0 muffler?)
and maybe a cam. Want something with a stockish idle but still gives the truck a kick in the pants. Any reccomendations?
Buddy told me about the LPE GT2-3 cam. Any experience with this?

OR

Should i just scrap all that and throw a blower on it?:devil:
Thats probably more than i want to spend though.

here's a pic of the truck. all its got is stock '07 22's and a McGauphy 2/3 drop.
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1303/1892/119305.jpg

SUX2BU 03-27-2008 11:56 AM

Before i put anything on though, i want to take it down the 1/4 and on the rollers to get some baseline numbers out of it.
Should i find an AWD dyno or just pull the front drive shaft and put it on a regular dyno?

03GMC 03-27-2008 12:26 PM

Honestly I would leave that just how it is. Looks really nice.

black06 03-28-2008 01:05 AM

leave it alone...... that's a damn big truck to get moving

chevyguy7802 03-28-2008 01:17 AM

I like the blower idea the best since its heavy.....along with the longtube headers..... on the mufflers you could prolly do the true duals with a pair of 5x8 oval 18'' long case magnaflows and just run the pipes all the way out the back and it prolly would not be too loud. The pulleys,e-fans,and the outlaw intake are great ideas! Don't forget a tune also!

TG02Z71 03-28-2008 05:58 AM

If you do anything start with the drive train first, unless it already has a 4l80in it that is(doubtful).
If you start doing engine mods like adding FI you WILL smoke the trans very quick with all that weight to get moving, then the rear will go for sure.
Sounds kind of backwards but I wish I had been realistic when I started down the FI path and done driveline mods first.
To be really truthful that thing is really too nice to chop up and make a pain in the ass to maintain, it's a luxury vehicle meant for driving around lookin pimp, I would leave it alone too.

SUX2BU 03-28-2008 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by black06 (Post 3884374)
leave it alone...... that's a damn big truck to get moving

It already get up pretty damn good. I was surprised when i forst test drove it(especially being that its 6,000 lbs). I'm not going to be racing it or anything just would like a before and after to see what i gain. This is strictly the weekend/road trip cruiser. Just want a little more umph to surprise some mustangs and what not. Definatly don't want to goo overboard to where the stock tranny couldn't handle it.

SUX2BU 03-28-2008 08:56 AM

Come to think of it i dopn't really know what tranny is in it.

thunder550 03-28-2008 11:03 AM

It'll have the 4L65E or some variant in it. I'd personally just throw a Magnacharger on it and call it good. Leave the stock exhaust and stock manifolds on there, throw 6 psi at the engine and enjoy the increased power and the OEM-like reliability. Get the optional drivetrain warranty so you don't have to worry about tranny or diff.

MeanZ71 03-28-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by thunder550 (Post 3884549)
It'll have the 4L60E or some variant in it. I'd personally just throw a Magnacharger on it and call it good. Leave the stock exhaust and stock manifolds on there, throw 6 psi at the engine and enjoy the increased power and the OEM-like reliability. Get the optional drivetrain warranty so you don't have to worry about tranny or diff.

:stupid: