PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   What spark plugs and gap? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/what-spark-plugs-gap-34395/)

Will 09-19-2002 01:54 PM

What spark plugs and gap?

Ok guys I have a 2000 Silverado with a Whipple at 6psi and a 50 shot of nitrous. I am currently running the ACDelco 6's for plugs gapped at stock gapping. My question is with that nitrous and blower setup what would be the best plug to run and at what gap setting? I know I need a colder plug and also I have heard a lot of people on here getting the TR6's.... Just need a little advice. Also with my current plugs at stock gap would it or would it not cause alot of KR??? And would changing out the plugs help on KR? Please let me know! Thanks guys....

William

1999stepside 09-19-2002 03:40 PM

Re: What spark plugs and gap?

I have TR6's gapped at .35

Maxmumboom 09-19-2002 04:46 PM

I have Denso Iridiums, i put them in and went to the track. the plugs are great, it accelerates much smoother now, but there damn exspensive @ 12 a plug. I never used the Ngks, but they say there damn good as well

Will 09-19-2002 07:17 PM

OK well how do I know what the best gap is to set them on? I mean is there like a scale? I heard someone tell me it was like for every psi of boost you decrease .05 on gap. I have no idea need some help on this. Also another question. I am spraying into the intake and with a 50 shot it doesn't seem like it is picking up any better.... I was wondering cause the EGR hose is right there where I am spraying and I am wondering if that sucks air into the exhaust or if it blows hot air into the intake. Either way I would think that would hender the effects of the nitrous. Let me know if I am wrong.

Will 09-19-2002 11:30 PM

anyone know this?!!?

CashDudeHomie 09-20-2002 01:11 AM

The EGR valve is supposed to close at WOT, you can take the EGR out with LS1Edit, or you can just cut 1 or 2 inches off the pipe so it doesn't stick into the intake so far.

1999stepside 09-20-2002 02:14 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Will:
[QB]OK well how do I know what the best gap is to set them on? I mean is there like a scale? I heard someone tell me it was like for every psi of boost you decrease .05 on gap. I have no idea need some help on this. QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whipple reccomends a plug one step colder and gapped at .35, but I am not sure since you are running N20.