PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Very impressed with Corsa quality (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/very-impressed-corsa-quality-488380/)

GMCtrk 09-09-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by budhayes3 (Post 4769149)
Corsa's are the best, big bucks, but really nice, tuned systems for sure. What bolts are giving you a problem Michael, from the y-pipe to the cat back? You've had that y-pipe off so many times it's hard to believe that they're oxidized already :lol: Worse case scenario, you could cut the bolts with a hacksaw since I don't think that you have an air chisel where you are. If it's the stock y-pipe and factory hardware, the "bolts" are actually studs that are pressed into the pipe btw...

Yeah, I'm not worried about the bolts at all. Worst case scenario I just cut the end of my Y pipe off. The only downside to that is that I'd need to have my headers on hand to install. Of course, I can't wait for that....instant gratification is needed you know :D

Bolts are soaking in PB now....I'm getting this darn thing on tonight :jest:

726.0chevelle 09-09-2011 08:53 PM

I had several bolts on my exhaust that wouldnt come off but I took a cheap plumbing mapp gas torch heated them up for a minute or two and they came right off. A small torch like im talking about is prob 30 bucks and is a must have.

GMCtrk 09-09-2011 08:56 PM

catback is off. I think I just had some rust built up in the threads.

smokeshow 09-09-2011 08:57 PM

You're not working outside are you..? lol

GMCtrk 09-09-2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by smokeshow (Post 4769433)
You're not working outside are you..? lol

Going fishing in a minute :jest:

https://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg71...jpg&res=medium

smokeshow 09-09-2011 10:47 PM

What a trooper. lol

GMCtrk 09-10-2011 01:51 PM

Got everything bolted up and on. Getting that tip in the right position is pretty tedious. Corsa calls for 1" of clearance to the base of the body panel. It took some time, but I got it and I'm pretty happy with it. The setup is what I would consider very mild. At idle it's quiet, but you can tell it's not stock. Around town less than 2000 rpm it's about the same as stock, above that you can tell it's got something. And of course once you drop down into 4th and start cruising it's basically as stock. I expect that the longtubes will add some volume to it, but nothing crazy.

And just for the heck of it, I went out and hooked up my scanner and did WOT a couple times. Call me crazy but I think the catback may have picked me up a tad of power, rear end has never kicked out on me before on the 1-2. And to my surprise I'm only getting 19-20 degrees of timing at WOT. Makes sense considering I tuned it with big headers and a catless Y pipe. The engine isn't seeing nearly as much air flow with the stock 4.8 exhaust up front and it's dropping me down into lower air flow cells in the timing table. That will all change here in a week or two though....

GMCtrk 09-10-2011 02:11 PM

Dang, more review of the log reveals a MAP of 86 kPa @ 6000 rpms. Holy crap. My engine is breathing through a straw. I really wish FAST would get their act together and put out a reliable intake. Just looking at the data, I think the longtubes and a FAST intake with a 4" CAI could gain me 75 rwhp from where I'm at now.

GMCtrk 09-10-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by andrew383 (Post 4769777)
uuuhhhh i pull 101kpa @ 2500rpm WOT and 99kpa @ 6k... 78mm manifold btw ;)

Maybe you need to talk to your tuner or get a new one..

Has nothing to do with the tune, and everything to do with the stock intake tube and box :judge: What CAI are you running?

andrew383 09-10-2011 02:28 PM

wtf???

Stock tube and upd lid