PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   valve seats and seals patriot dual spring kits (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/valve-seats-seals-patriot-dual-spring-kits-494113/)

sand man 12-24-2011 04:13 PM

valve seats and seals patriot dual spring kits

i have a 5.3 LH6 and befor i go in the cam swap process i saw that all valve seals have the same length ( i have the 8501 kit not the 8501-B) also the valve spring seats have two sizes wich one is right for me
the kit i have is this

Patriot Performance's Xtreme spring evolved from our Orginal Patriot Gold. The Xtreme spring is for power adder applications, heads using large valves, and for aggressive cam profiles.
These complete spring consists of 16 Patriot Gold dual springs, 16 titanium retainers, 32 Super 7 Machined locks, 16 .505" ID machined spring bases, and 16 viton rubber seals. This kit will work with both stock and aftermarket rocker arms. No cutting or machining of the stock spring pocket is needed.
and the 8501-B kit is

Patriot Performance's Xtreme spring evolved from our Orginal Patriot Gold. The Xtreme spring is for power adder applications, heads uses large valves, and for aggressive cam profiles.
These complete spring consists of 16 Patriot Gold dual springs, 16 titanium retainers, 32 Super 7 Machined locks, 16 .565" ID machined spring bases, and 16 viton rubber seals. The larger ID spring bases are for use with bronze guides. This kit will work with both stock and aftermarket rocker arms. No cutting or machining of the stock spring pocket is needed.
will the first kit that i bought work or should i change any thing befor i start ?

sand man 12-25-2011 03:10 PM

any one?

Suburbazine 12-26-2011 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by sand man (Post 4835407)
i have a 5.3 LH6 and befor i go in the cam swap process i saw that all valve seals have the same length ( i have the 8501 kit not the 8501-B) also the valve spring seats have two sizes wich one is right for me
the kit i have is this

and the 8501-B kit is

will the first kit that i bought work or should i change any thing befor i start ?

I quote your quote because it contains the answer:

The larger ID spring bases are for use with bronze guides.

Coban 12-26-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Suburbazine (Post 4835849)
I quote your quote because it contains the answer:

The larger ID spring bases are for use with bronze guides.

This is correct. I was sent the larger ones by mistake one time. They were obviously too big for my stock heads. You need the .505"

sand man 12-26-2011 07:25 PM

lol im dumb i didnt notice that

sand man 12-26-2011 07:32 PM

how about the seals having the same hight on both intake and exhaust

Suburbazine 12-27-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by sand man (Post 4836158)
how about the seals having the same hight on both intake and exhaust

The seals are different from the OE seals. Just take off the old seals and gently tap the new ones down. Length isn't a concern for these :nod: