Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Too much head?? Lol

Old 01-15-2018, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPanther6.0
sorry i might be digging up a old thread, im new to the forum, im kinda in the same boat as you! i was wondering if you had a stall already with that cam? i have a btr stage 2 with stock stall, ported 799 heads milled to 59cc.. i dynoed 365rwhp and 396ft lbs in my extedned cab 6.0 swapped silverado. i want a bigger cam just dont want a bigger converter. how does your truck drive with that cam? what did you end up doing? thanks!
Two months old isn't too bad, especially if you're in a similar position.

As BTR suggests, the cam you have is the most aggressive you'd want to go without changing the converter to something with a higher stall. It's important to match your cam choice with the converter choice. There are compromises to be had beyond your current setup.

If you go with a more aggressive cam, you probably won't like how it drives with the stock converter. If you swap out the converter with the Stage II cam you have, you may be satisfied temporarily but then want for more (it's a disease). For a daily, the big deterrent would be gas mileage and throttle response off the line.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Two months old isn't too bad, especially if you're in a similar position.

As BTR suggests, the cam you have is the most aggressive you'd want to go without changing the converter to something with a higher stall. It's important to match your cam choice with the converter choice. There are compromises to be had beyond your current setup.

If you go with a more aggressive cam, you probably won't like how it drives with the stock converter. If you swap out the converter with the Stage II cam you have, you may be satisfied temporarily but then want for more (it's a disease). For a daily, the big deterrent would be gas mileage and throttle response off the line.
Thats true when I had the 5.3 same setup it was a dog off the line, and would rip after 3k rpm. Now with the 6.0's added displacement and torque it rips from a dig like never before. I guess it is at its sweet spot where it's at without needing a stall. Thank you for the help!
Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 3200 circle D which did help off the line but hurt gas mileage. Mine ran decent with the stock converter but when in 4high on the bottle and stalled to 3500 it's a freaking neck breaker. I daily mine so drivability is huge but so is fighting mustangs. The stock stall worked good but not even close to the same et as the circle D 3200.

Search this Thread