Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBSS Intake Injector Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TBSS Intake Injector Options

So I picked up a complete (including fuel rails, injectors, and tb) tbss intake today locally for 200 bucks. My plan...keep my lm7 bottom end stock, then add prc 2.5 ls6 heads from tsp with 61cc chambers to keep cr at 9.5:1, tbss intake of course, bigger can prolly like a tsp 224/228 with .600 lift or something similar, an aeromotive 340lph in tank pump, and a torqstorm supercharger (ya I’m gonna be that guy). That’s the “for now” build. So the question...what injectors fit the tbss intake AND tbss fuel rail with no modification (spacers etc) other than the harness adapter in the 50-60lb range that won’t completely break the bank? I’ve looked at summit and tsp. My current mods are in my signature and my stock truck injectors have been maxed out for several years now. And yes I do plan on running the 88mm tb with the x-link adapter. Thanks in advance. And if this has already been answered could someone paste the thread link, cuz I went through 4 pages and didn’t find anything really helpful.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

You could run stock 6.2 flex fuel injectors or stock 2010+ 6.0 flex fuel injectors. They both run that same intake manifold. The 6.2's are 52lb/hr and the 6.0's are 50lb/hr at 58psi.

There is a data conversion program floating around the forum somewhere for converting the GEN 4 data into usable GEN 3 computer data.

I bought a torqstorm supercharger, it's not here yet but it should be a nice setup. I have to do a few add on's for my truck because they didn't test it on a NNBS truck yet but it will still fit.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:00 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

I have the 50lb/hr Delphi 12613412 injectors in my LQ9 that come out of 2010+ flex fuel trucks. They dropped in my gen III rails with no spacers. These came on the tbss/nnbs intakes IIRC. I have a brand new (takeoff) e-bay tbss/nbss intake in my watchlist that have the same Delphi 12613412 50lb/hr injectors. So the injectors should be plug & play except for the EV6 to Delphi adapters.

Link for reference... Ebay TBSS/NNBS Intake rails and injectors

Old 08-21-2018, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FFDP
You could run stock 6.2 flex fuel injectors or stock 2010+ 6.0 flex fuel injectors. They both run that same intake manifold. The 6.2's are 52lb/hr and the 6.0's are 50lb/hr at 58psi.

There is a data conversion program floating around the forum somewhere for converting the GEN 4 data into usable GEN 3 computer data.

I bought a torqstorm supercharger, it's not here yet but it should be a nice setup. I have to do a few add on's for my truck because they didn't test it on a NNBS truck yet but it will still fit.
ya both of those would be fine. do you know if they have the same connector type as the stock tbss injectors? i had planned on getting the harness adapters but i thought i had read that theres only a couple different adapters that work with the NBS truck harness. if so then hell ya ill get some of the 52lbers. long story short, the only "mod" i wanna have to do with the injectors is hook up the harness adapters.

edit; also forgot to say, ive heard good things about the torqstorms on the nbs trucks but like you said i havent heard much about the nnbs trucks. and i think i read a couple days ago they just recently revised the nbs kit. i remember when they were first brought up years ago everyone was pretty skeptical since they are cheap and not intercooled. guess they proved us wrong lol. once you get it installed im really curious as to how u like it and what your gains are!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Yeah they should be the same USCAR injector connectors. I bought some 50lb/hr last year for something else and they plugged right into my 2012 truck.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedXray
I have the 50lb/hr Delphi 12613412 injectors in my LQ9 that come out of 2010+ flex fuel trucks. They dropped in my gen III rails with no spacers. These came on the tbss/nnbs intakes IIRC. I have a brand new (takeoff) e-bay tbss/nbss intake in my watchlist that have the same Delphi 12613412 50lb/hr injectors. So the injectors should be plug & play except for the EV6 to Delphi adapters.

Link for reference... Ebay TBSS/NNBS Intake rails and injectors
bahahahaha!!!! i was literally looking at that same listing earlier today cuz the first intake i was gonna get was 2 hours away with no tb and the guy had added some threaded connection on the fuel rail inlet and im thinking to myself that i didnt think thats what the corvette filter plugged into so looked on ebay for a stock photo and thats the listing i used. guess i should read the listing for the injector info lmao. anyways, ya ill compare the prices of the 2 flex fuel injector options already mentioned and also those 50lb from that listing since the part number is there. prolly go with the cheapest as i dont think 2lb per hour is gonna be that huge of a difference.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah they should be the same USCAR injector connectors. I bought some 50lb/hr last year for something else and they plugged right into my 2012 truck.
thats one thing im an idiot about and cant ever remember is injector connector types. im gonna have to do a google image search and save the jpeg.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by marineusmc4
bahahahaha!!!! i was literally looking at that same listing earlier today cuz the first intake i was gonna get was 2 hours away with no tb and the guy had added some threaded connection on the fuel rail inlet and im thinking to myself that i didnt think thats what the corvette filter plugged into so looked on ebay for a stock photo and thats the listing i used. guess i should read the listing for the injector info lmao. anyways, ya ill compare the prices of the 2 flex fuel injector options already mentioned and also those 50lb from that listing since the part number is there. prolly go with the cheapest as i dont think 2lb per hour is gonna be that huge of a difference.
I took a gamble and bought some rebuilt 12613412 injectors off e-bay for $89 and they are working great. I'd rather have some genuine Delphi re-worked injectors than some bootleg chinese Delphi knockoffs. The seller " fuelinjectorman" had 100% feedback so I said what the hell... YMMV
Old 08-23-2018, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call, google or both Fuel Injector Connection I have a set of repurposed injectors from them and they are great!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:50 AM
TECH Regular

These are the 52lb ones ur talking about right? And about that flow data...is that something that I gotta find for my tuner? Or what exactly did u mean by gen 4 to gen 3 data conversion?

Quick Reply: TBSS Intake Injector Options