PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Should I Get Pacesetters or LPP? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/should-i-get-pacesetters-lpp-435851/)

dug 02-26-2009 12:45 PM

Should I Get Pacesetters or LPP?

My truck is a '05 2wd GMC sierra rclb with a 4.8L and a4. Im leaning towards pacesetter cuz theyre cheaper and I live in AZ so rust aint an issue. Plus I dont care for the collectors on the LPP's

What do y'all think?

GMCtrk 02-26-2009 12:49 PM

Pacesetters are poor compred to the LPPs. There's really nothing more to be said than that.

dug 02-26-2009 01:26 PM

is that why your truck has the exhaust leak? Theyre so annoying that you dont even want to drive the it

GMCtrk 02-26-2009 01:35 PM

nope, exhaust leak has nothing to do with the header, but rather a bolt broken off in the head.

I always advise to purchase headers that have a flange on them. It seals better and is easier to install/uninstall. Also, stainless steel is another thing I always advise.

Low_LSX 02-26-2009 01:42 PM

Lpp
I have pacesetters, and wish I would have saved my cash for something better.
Dynatech's are my next choice when I take these pacesetters off.

GMCtrk 02-26-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4 (Post 4140884)
Lpp

Dynas are nice, that's what I run. If you're wanting to save some money, I'm almost positive that the OBX Y pipe (or duals setup) will bolt right up to the Dynatech headers.

sonoma43 02-26-2009 02:04 PM

I would have to say coated pacesetter's...just because they will keep the heat down and you dont have to worry about salt in the winter.
However the LPP's are very very nice and that's what I will be switching to when my pace's have had enough

dug 02-26-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sonoma43 (Post 4140905)
I would have to say coated pacesetter's...just because they will keep the heat down and you dont have to worry about salt in the winter.
However the LPP's are very very nice and that's what I will be switching to when my pace's have had enough

How do you like the fit of your pacesetters? Any issues other than rusty?

just so people know, stainless keeps the heat down like the coated headers.

dug 02-26-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by GMCtrk (Post 4140887)
Dynas are nice, that's what I run. If you're wanting to save some money, I'm almost positive that the OBX Y pipe (or duals setup) will bolt right up to the Dynatech headers.

That is something to consider. I love the sound of true duals. Can you get the obx mid pipes serperate? Im gonna look up the price of dynatechs headers only

dug 02-26-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Low_LQ4 (Post 4140884)
Lpp

Hows the fit of your pacesetters? Any issues?